Turn on thread page Beta

Chatting to a guy on facebook... watch

I've been chatting to a guy on FB who I met last week. Most of our conversations centre around the event we met at and college.

I really like him,last week he was really nice and we'd joke around but so would everyone else, not just us, but we're still having a bit anter on facebook.

Another person at the event thought he might be gay and I'm not really sure and don't know how to ask, I can't just say it and we're not really talking about related things.

So there's the idea he might be gay but also I'm not really sure if he wants to talk to me/even likes me as a friend/how to progress things a bit.

IDEK why I'm posting this really, just want general advice/to talk about it I guess

To add context I'm a girl, just realised that might not be clear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been chatting to a guy on FB who I met last week. Most of our conversations centre around the event we met at and college.

I really like him,last week he was really nice and we'd joke around but so would everyone else, not just us, but we're still having a bit anter on facebook.

Another person at the event thought he might be gay and I'm not really sure and don't know how to ask, I can't just say it and we're not really talking about related things.

So there's the idea he might be gay but also I'm not really sure if he wants to talk to me/even likes me as a friend/how to progress things a bit.

IDEK why I'm posting this really, just want general advice/to talk about it I guess
    Why don't u ask him out, ask for his number, talk for a while and ask him out

(Original post by NotGodofWorld)
    Why don't u ask him out, ask for his number, talk for a while and ask him out
    Because he might not like me and I don't want to make it really awkward and weird
    (also I'm really socially awkward and would mess it up and look like a stalker lol )

<hopeful bump>

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to tell you OP, my old man always used to tell me the art of good business is to be a good middleman, and that's the advice I would give to anyone about anything.

(Original post by swirly)
    I don't know what to tell you OP, my old man always used to tell me the art of good business is to be a good middleman, and that's the advice I would give to anyone about anything.
    your old man is a wise on haha

ReputationRep:
    I think you should tell him about your feelings, you don't want things to feel awkward, but yeah.. do express your feelings.

:goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    I think you should tell him about your feelings, you don't want things to feel awkward, but yeah.. do express your feelings.

:goodluck:
    Lol do you have experience talking to boys on FB:mmm:
    :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    Lol do you have experience talking to boys on FB:mmm:
    :naughty:
    Nah mate. :hand: I deactivate my FB long agooo :rofl: :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate. :hand: I deactivate my FB long agooo :rofl: :teehee:
    I still have mine but I don't use it. FB is too mainstream:pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I still have mine but I don't use it. FB is too mainstream:pierre:
    Aha cool, yeah true.

Spoiler:
    Show

SC and others are better tbh :yep: :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Aha cool, yeah true.

Spoiler:
    Show

SC and others are better tbh :yep: :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show

Oh sc is good you say, maybe you should give me your sc so I can see for myself:mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show

Oh sc is good you say, maybe you should give me your sc so I can see for myself:mmm:

If only I could be this forward

ReputationRep:
    If only I could be this forward
    Lol she knows me and she know im kidding, right Tasnia'x :mmm:

So yesterday we were chatting and he sent me a message (I was out so hadn't seen it yet) which I hadn't replied to then sent another more chatty message a couple of hours later and so I thought "oh yay, I guess he does want to chat to me", so messaged some more last night, carried on this morning and he hasn't replied yet...since this morning...

Trying not to get too paranoid/obsessive but it's hard when I overthink so much! fml

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday we were chatting and he sent me a message (I was out so hadn't seen it yet) which I hadn't replied to then sent another more chatty message a couple of hours later and so I thought "oh yay, I guess he does want to chat to me", so messaged some more last night, carried on this morning and he hasn't replied yet...since this morning...

Trying not to get too paranoid/obsessive but it's hard when I overthink so much! fml
    Lol dont double text for god sake! Just play it cool
    If he doesnt reply he isnt worth your time

Lol dont double text for god sake! Just play it cool
    If he doesnt reply he isnt worth your time
    Definitely not going to double text! If he doesn't reply then he doesn't want to talk which is fine, then I know and can move on and avoid him.

I can't see if he's been online or not so he might have just been busy or something <overthinking>

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not going to double text! If he doesn't reply then he doesn't want to talk which is fine, then I know and can move on and avoid him.

I can't see if he's been online or not so he might have just been busy or something <overthinking>
    Lol u probably are overthinking im sure he was busy :console:

He replied not long after my last post so now paranoid he's seen this
    <awkward wave to him>
    Spoiler:
    Show

kmn

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.