Turn on thread page Beta

Am I being oversensitive?? watch

So my girlfriend, on occasion can change her mood like a switch. We don't meet up that often, usually twice a week, after she's changed her mind or something else comes up... anyway we talk on text everyday, she can be amazing most if the time, conversations are great and it seems she reallly likes me. She's asked to meet my family just last week. But then out of the blue, with no warning at all, she can change. One word answers, no flirting, no joking, just answering what I ask her... its happene a few times now, last time for a week until we met up again... im left receiving her texts and reading like I have said or done something wrong, it's so annoying, and actually very tiring. I then start to think of what I've said or done previous to upset her. It's so hard to try and talk to her when she gives nothing back other than a short answer and a smiley face... she knows I worry I do something wrong because last time I asked, she said no but never gives an explanation. So it's happened again so I've told her... if I ever upset her or annoy that she is to tell me and I will fix it... should I of said that? I said I'm worried about her because I can she's not the same, and worried I've done something wrong. She told me to stop being so stressed and it's not me. i said that fine, I'm just concerned. I'm a worrier and she knows that. im just wondering if you think I'm overreacting? And I should of not asked? I just feel lost, I'm getting texts wondering what's going on. i know she talks to her friend about things, but not me...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my girlfriend, on occasion can change her mood like a switch. We don't meet up that often, usually twice a week, after she's changed her mind or something else comes up... anyway we talk on text everyday, she can be amazing most if the time, conversations are great and it seems she reallly likes me. She's asked to meet my family just last week. But then out of the blue, with no warning at all, she can change. One word answers, no flirting, no joking, just answering what I ask her... its happene a few times now, last time for a week until we met up again... im left receiving her texts and reading like I have said or done something wrong, it's so annoying, and actually very tiring. I then start to think of what I've said or done previous to upset her. It's so hard to try and talk to her when she gives nothing back other than a short answer and a smiley face... she knows I worry I do something wrong because last time I asked, she said no but never gives an explanation. So it's happened again so I've told her... if I ever upset her or annoy that she is to tell me and I will fix it... should I of said that? I said I'm worried about her because I can she's not the same, and worried I've done something wrong. She told me to stop being so stressed and it's not me. i said that fine, I'm just concerned. I'm a worrier and she knows that. im just wondering if you think I'm overreacting? And I should of not asked? I just feel lost, I'm getting texts wondering what's going on. i know she talks to her friend about things, but not me...
    The one thing I would say is to not come across as clingy. This can manifest itself through texting every day until you honestly have nothing left to say or grow tired of each other (been there, done that). This and other things that you are saying and doing to be clingy may be having a negative impact on her. Honestly, don't force it. Maybe some space is what she needs.

ReputationRep:
    I, personally, feel that she is starting to take advantage of you in the relationship. She knows you are going to be there for her no matter what and over-time she has become oh-hum about it. I agree with the above poster that you risk seeming too clingy. Now, reality is, you are a very kind person who thinks about his girlfriend and tries with all his might to keep her happy. That is admirable and a lot of girls would love that but she doesn't seem to be one of them. She is the dominate partner right now. From what you describe it sounds like she cancels on you a fair bit and even let's you know if she's had a better offer she's going off with them. Do you feel like a priority? You should and not be the person to hang out with if she's not got something better going on. Then she stops her regular texting and it gets short and disinterested. Probably because she is not interested. I'm sorry to be harsh but that is what I think. So, you should not feel bad to have told her that if you've irritated her she needs to tell you. That is excellent. Now follow that yourself. You've told her to tell you and if she doesn't don't accept her rude behavior. If she starts being curt in her texts or at least not engaging and you don't think you've done anything then you need to step back and stop texting her. I know that goes against your personality but put her in a position to wonder what's happened to you. Then if she texts you can give a short reply. Then if she actually asks tell her that she's not been engaging and you've not been told she's upset so you're not going to accept her short responses. Well, that is my advice. Maybe she's great but if she regularly cancels on you and doesn't treat you like an equal and she kind of dominates then you might need to reconsider because she's unlikely to change especially if this has been going on for a while. Take a stand for yourself and don't back down. If you decide to move on then you'll find another girl who will appreciate your attentiveness.

Thanks for reply.
    It always seems to be me putting in the effort. Shes very last minute, i dont know what it is but she almost seems reluctant to agree to anything in advance. We plan to meet up then changes her mind or says something else has come up but then shes no longer doing that thing so i ask if she wants to meet, its always i will let you know..
    At first i thought fine shes busy whatever, but its starting to wear thin.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.