Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've just finished my second shift at Primark and have some questions to ask as I don't want to bother the people at work by asking them questions when they are busy aswell. My next shift is tomorrow (Sunday). Any help will be appreciated. I'm asking as I'm starting to dread going and that's not how I want to feel. It's like people forget that they were once new at the place and that I'm the idiot for not getting it.

2. I feel as though I am annoying people or that my colleagues do not like me. Will everything get easier and will I understand it eventually? Everything seems really hard and complicated. And I feel as though I'm not being told what to do so I feel like an idiot just standing around randomly sorting stuff out.

1.tomorrow should I just get started on returns and sorting out the fitting room like my supervisor asked me to do last Sunday or should I find her and ask what is expected of me.

2.im not really sure how the stock system works. If I see a place looking empty do I go to the stockroom and look for that item to fill up the rail or should I just leave it.

3.as I'm not experienced. If a customers asks me to go to the stock room for a particular item should I do it myself. If yes should I just get someone in the stock room to help me as I am new. Or should I get someone else in my department to help me or would that look bad.

4. How long do you think it will take me to get everything and understand it to not just feel like the new girl anymore?

5. If I'm not doing anything should I just improvise and look around for stuff to do. My department is men's accessories but can I leave that sometimes and go and help other departments.

6. I've been tilled trained and really enjoyed that. Do you think I'll be on tills a lot because I prefer that then the shop floor.

7 I'm supposed to work on Sunday's and as Christmas is a Sunday will I have to work. I don't want to work on Christmas as its mine and my family's favourite time of the year

ReputationRep:
    Wow - lots of questions. Everyone is busy and probably have bigger things to worry about than you. Don't take it personally. Do ask your supervisor what they want you to do and if they still give you a blank, keep yourself busy. My biggest bug-bear with Primark is that there is always clothes all over the floor and everywhere. You could easily spend your days just tidying up if no one gives you anything else to do.

Good luck and hang in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lh2016)
    Hi I've just finished my second shift at Primark and have some questions to ask as I don't want to bother the people at work by asking them questions when they are busy aswell. My next shift is tomorrow (Sunday). Any help will be appreciated. I'm asking as I'm starting to dread going and that's not how I want to feel. It's like people forget that they were once new at the place and that I'm the idiot for not getting it.

2. I feel as though I am annoying people or that my colleagues do not like me. Will everything get easier and will I understand it eventually? Everything seems really hard and complicated. And I feel as though I'm not being told what to do so I feel like an idiot just standing around randomly sorting stuff out.

1.tomorrow should I just get started on returns and sorting out the fitting room like my supervisor asked me to do last Sunday or should I find her and ask what is expected of me.

2.im not really sure how the stock system works. If I see a place looking empty do I go to the stockroom and look for that item to fill up the rail or should I just leave it.

3.as I'm not experienced. If a customers asks me to go to the stock room for a particular item should I do it myself. If yes should I just get someone in the stock room to help me as I am new. Or should I get someone else in my department to help me or would that look bad.

4. How long do you think it will take me to get everything and understand it to not just feel like the new girl anymore?

5. If I'm not doing anything should I just improvise and look around for stuff to do. My department is men's accessories but can I leave that sometimes and go and help other departments.

6. I've been tilled trained and really enjoyed that. Do you think I'll be on tills a lot because I prefer that then the shop floor.

7 I'm supposed to work on Sunday's and as Christmas is a Sunday will I have to work. I don't want to work on Christmas as its mine and my family's favourite time of the year

Wow! So many questions, i recently quit primark so i'll help you out =)

1) If your role is based in the fitting room then yeah just go and do that. I know in my store we had to go to the till first to sign in then we'd go to our assigned areas.

2) Again this depends. In my store we each had our own section and they would refill stuff throughout the day. You can do deliveries but try and avoid pulling loads from the stock room as thats the night teams job.

3) If they ask, find someone from that department or a supervisor to go up with you and show you around. They won't mind, they do accept that you're new and learning.

4) It took me about 2-3 weeks to feel fully comfortable doing things on my own

5) I used to work on mens and if my section was completely done (it was rare this happened) i'd either go over it and do standards or find the manager, explain i'm done and see what they want me to do

6) You could always ask if you prefer tills, I know when I worked there (it was the Liverpool store so pretty big) they'd let me stay on tills instead of my section

7) You won't have to work Christmas day as it won't be open. You will be expected to be in on Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and the 27th.

How do i get a job there?

i am confused by their website

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to have on Christmas. You have to book a holiday on Christmas on work day or you won't get paid .since you work on weekends you also have to work bank holidays such as Boxing Day and New Year's Eve .

ReputationRep:
    I do returns as well. I've been working for 3months on the weekend. It takes about a month to get a hang of things. You can only work on your department unless they assign you somewhere else . Sometimes they get staff who do returns to go on the tills because there's not enough staff. You can ask them to go on tills.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.