The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

How affordable is Guildford, Surrey for undergraduate students?

Hello!
As I am applying later this month for an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Sciences in the University of Surrey, I have started looking for information on how affordable the city is. I see that student accommodation is around 100 pounds per week, but how affordable is the city for students in facts? I really don't know what it is like because I am a student from Bulgaria and I would appreciate it if you could give me an estimate number of how much pocket money I need per week/ month (excluding accomodation). I have read on the Uni's website that around 800 pounds is the minimum but I want to know for sure from someone who is living there or at least has an idea of what it's like.
Thanks in advance!
Everything's so expensive here :argh:

Because Guildford is kind of close to London it is one of the most expensive places in the UK... accommodation for year 1 is fine but finding a place to live for the 2nd year is hard because everywhere in Guildford is expensive.

I wouldn't base your decision on coming here on finance though, it is a fantastic uni and well worth it. There's lots of job opportunities on campus and in the city so just find a way to support yourself and you should be fine :smile:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Thanks for the reply, Izzy!
I really hope I will be able to find work, do you think it is possible to work in my fist year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending