Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    But how can my class be completely different to everyone around me and the way I've been brought up?! Just because I'm going to uni doesn't automatically change me!

ReputationRep:
    'course it does everything you experience changes you, but specifically to the class thing yes now you may be working class but post uni, you'll have a higher level of education and be earning more than most of the working class. As to how to pin pointing the moment you jump class I have no idea. The fact you studied at A level at all all ready makes you border line in my mind

ReputationRep:
    Drinks in Sheffield can be cheap yeyh. Comparing drink prices from my home town Chester the drinks are alot cheaper in Sheff.

Its all about going the right places,
    scream bars espically on £1 a pint nights.
    the nursery tavern is cheap on eccy road.
    most bars on west street tend to be cheap.
    There are some expensive bars but just if you find them leave as theres always another cheap one next to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wabbit)
    'course it does everything you experience changes you, but specifically to the class thing yes now you may be working class but post uni, you'll have a higher level of education and be earning more than most of the working class. As to how to pin pointing the moment you jump class I have no idea. The fact you studied at A level at all all ready makes you border line in my mind
    indeed, if you get a degree, there is no way you would ever be considered working class, even if you decide you want to be a painter and decorator for the rest of your life, the education you have means you're not working class, you can't be.

But then social class in the UK doesn't mean anything, buliders, plumbers and electricians earn more than people with degrees and tbh almost everyone is middle class.

ReputationRep:
    Becky_sheffields replys in this thread make me laugh.

I know a working class girl going to Oxford next week, both parents unemployed, shes working her way through.

I also have a rish-as-**** friend (dads a property developer...2 lamborghini's and a DB9) who's going to Southampton Institute.

You go where your grades allow you too. You dont do as well, you go to hallam, you do well, you go to sheffield, deal with it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 14, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.