Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Similar to the other thread on here except just for GCSEs, what's everybody predicted, are you worried, are you feeling confident about your results? Post your thoughts here.

ReputationRep:
    i was predicted 2A*, 3A and 5B.

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not feeling confident :rolleyes:

and I'm trying to go out and do as much as possible so I don't have time to think about them!

The way i see it, everything happens for a reason, so if you don't get the results you should, it doesn't matter too much

ReputationRep:
    I forgot about mine a long time ago. Whatever the outcome I'll still be able to do my A-Levels and get into university. I've got a minimum idea of what I will get, which should be an average of straight B's. It's like another month until they come out, so what's the point of worrying?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted to get 7A, 2B and will hopefully end up with 9B. I'm not really that worried because even if I mess up, I can still re-sit and once I've done A Levels and been to university, no-one will really care about my GCSEs (hopefully!)

ReputationRep:
    Not long to go, just remember that as long as you've tried your hardest you'll be fine and you'll realise "well those are the best grades I could get and I'm happy for that."

ReputationRep:
    I am excited and nervous at the same time! Some i feel i did really well on and am looking forward to seeing the results but then there is the case of my maths GCSE.......... If i manage to scrape that C on the higher paper then i think i will actually cry with shock and excitement.... i found it so damn hard i'm kinda worrying! I hope everyone gets the results they want and try not to worry too much people! Whatever will be, will be and people here can support you! (well, i will give it a try lol)!!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I am in a similar position. I am absolutely dreading receiving my English language and Maths results. English Lang (AQA), I was beginning to have a think about the english exam the other day, and I think I've messed up that subject. As for Maths, are you talking about Edexcel higher? That paper was a killer, and I just dont want to see my MAths grade, my college won't be content with a C!!!! Im also beginning to have doubts about Science, paper 1 AQA went well, but Paper 2, i just found myself rushing the last third of the paper, and that is where all the marks are, so ... I hate this! Theses three weeks before the results day is unbearable!!! You can't NOt think about the exams, even if you try to relax!! July went pretty fast! I was preoccupied with other things, but this month of August, i am free, and the time is going so slow.......
    But Good luck to everybody though, I hope everyone gets the grades they want!!

ReputationRep:
    Just to stick my nose in Re: Edexcel Higher - I think everyone in the country found it very hard and they're unlikely to allow everyone to do poorly (cos it looks bad for them) so I expect you'll all be OK - sorry, will leave you in peace now!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, Ive just finished my a-levels and i thought id write here just to say that GCSEs really (honestly) dont matter THAT much. Dont get nervous or worried sick about how youve done - you will have ALWAYS dun better than you thought, thats the nature of GCSEs lol. If you thought a paper was hard, it was hard for everone and the grades will go down.

Whatever grades you get as long as u get into sixth form / college they really dont matter. I hope this reassures u lol

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Just to stick my nose in Re: Edexcel Higher - I think everyone in the country found it very hard and they're unlikely to allow everyone to do poorly (cos it looks bad for them) so I expect you'll all be OK - sorry, will leave you in peace now!
    I was predicted an A* in maths... I'm blaming my teacher more than that paper tbh.

*is dreading results day*

ReputationRep:
    I am/was predicted A/A* - but I too was a victim of the Edexcel higher paper...paper 1 was a living hell....paper 2 was hard-ish...but I managed to get most of the answers out of the last few questions on that, which I'm quite shocked by lol - I'm hoping to take Further Maths at A level - so I NEED an A really.....grrr god damn GCSEs - damn them all...anyway - good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    Well I thought i was gonna fail my exams and it turns out i did much better than i thought and so did alot of my friends.. as long as uve worked hard.. it will be alrite.

GD luck

Im now waiting for my A level results... I m trying to take my own advice..lol

ReputationRep:
    I *think* I took EdExcel Maths (Paper 1 had a question about Mr Patel and his car if that helps) and all of the people I spoke to found it really hard and some of them were expecting to get A* so I think it will be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Well for me,I'm really scared,all of comfort words didn't really help*LOL*,I mean what if I screwed up majorly,it's just scary,and mostly math,I did P1,P2,M1....M1 was the hardest followed by P2 by P1,and the problem is that there is no curve,so that we can't even hope :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    Well for me,I'm really scared,all of comfort words didn't really help*LOL*,I mean what if I screwed up majorly,it's just scary,and mostly math,I did P1,P2,M1....M1 was the hardest followed by P2 by P1,and the problem is that there is no curve,so that we can't even hope :confused:
    P1, P2, M2..... isn't that A level maths?

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    P1, P2, M2..... isn't that A level maths?

Lou
    xxx
    Yep,soz I'm new stupid and lost here,isn't gcse is the same as As/A level or is it just like IGC..etc????

ReputationRep:
    So GCSE results tomorrow, what does everyone think they'll get?

ReputationRep:
    You sad mutha****as. Get a life u nerds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by courtyboy02)
    You sad mutha****as. Get a life u nerds!
    You may not care about your GCSE grades, but we care about ours and our future.And I suggest you never post in the academic section again unless you want to be seen like a nerd yourself.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.