Turn on thread page Beta

I predict a landslide victory for Trump, here are my reasons. watch

ReputationRep:
    1) He appealed to the black community in a very sincere way.

2) His campaign has been positive and energetic so his supporters are more likely to vote.

3) He has no signs of illness, Hilary does.

4) Hilary has the whole Clinton scandals in her closet, and she comes across as Obama Part 3, which is not what Democracy is all about.

5) The poor communities genuinely will benefit from new leadership after so long with the democrats.

6) The appeal for positive relations with Russia.

7) He strikes a chord with locker-room-talkers nationwide.

ReputationRep:
    Energetic, absolutely. Positive? Absolutely not.

Pinning the blame for what he views as America deteriorating on Muslims and Mexicans isn't positive, unless you view it (and I'm sorry for the Nazi comparison, it's simply the clearest comparison I can think of - I don't think Trump is Hitler reborn) in the same way that Nazi Germany was positive for Aryans.

ReputationRep:
    God why does the illness thing even matter?

Are people under the impression that he can never get ill himself someday?!

He could just drop dead whilst in office some day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    Energetic, absolutely. Positive? Absolutely not.

Pinning the blame for what he views as America deteriorating on Muslims and Mexicans isn't positive, unless you view it (and I'm sorry for the Nazi comparison, it's simply the clearest comparison I can think of - I don't think Trump is Hitler reborn) in the same way that Nazi Germany was positive for Aryans.
    Other than appearing to have some germanic ancestry and being a rabble rouser I cannot think of anything comparable between Hitler and Trump. Your post really is laughable.
    (Original post by yungaheartz)
    God why does the illness thing even matter? Are people under the impression that he can never get ill himself someday?! He could just drop dead whilst in office some day
    They are supposed to make good decisions...being ill impairs your ability to make good decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistletoe)
    Other than appearing to have some germanic ancestry and being a rabble rouser I cannot think of anything comparable between Hitler and Trump. Your post really is laughable.
    You're making connections where I suggested none. Re-read my post.

ReputationRep:

2) His campaign has been positive and energetic so his supporters are more likely to vote.

4) Hilary has the whole Clinton scandals in her closet, and she comes across as Obama Part 3, which is not what Democracy is all about.

5) The poor communities genuinely will benefit from new leadership after so long with the democrats.

5) is like saying the poor communities fare better under Tory than labor.

ReputationRep:
    I really do hope he wins, not because I like him that much, but because I hate the US establishment and would like to see the Trump Grenade get thrown into the core of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kürbiskern)
    I really do hope he wins, not because I like him that much, but because I hate the US establishment and would like to see the Trump Grenade get thrown into the core of it.
    Yeah, nothing to shake up the establishment like a corporate billionaire.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about landslide, but they have definitely been way overestimating Hillarys chances in the media, the narrative has been that she was cruising to victory with it sewn up and the Comey thing made it 'tight'. That's rubbish and Hillary fans will get a shock on the day IMO.

Didn't we have all the melodrama about Bush, 'I'm going to leave the country' etc, and everything just went on. I predict the same.

ReputationRep:

I have to agree with you sir; bar any rigging of the election; I think he will win, maybe not a landslide, but comfortably!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    they have definitely been way overestimating Hillarys chances in the media, the narrative has been that she was cursing to victory with it sewn up and the Comey thing made it 'tight'. That's rubbish and Hillary fans will get a shock on the day IMO.
    It's pretty ridiculous how anti-Trump the American media has been, I mean look at this http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-forecast.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luneth)
    It's pretty ridiculous how anti-Trump the American media has been, I mean look at this http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-forecast.html
    That's wishful thinking indeed.

I wish people had hated him more over the Scottish golf course- only sadly, I think that's inline with their economic philosophy. That was when I disliked him more than I do now.

I don't think it's much to do with him, tbh I do distrust him, just as I do her.

But it's absurd how on the one hand we are told of the Russian a bogeyman and threat all the time, and simultaneously told how the biggest risk to security is the person who will build cordial relations with Putin rather than the person who is virtually itching for conflict with him.

It's not even logical, they can't have it both ways.

I don't condone any thing he said, I just think she is untrustworthy, as are the media, and she is not on any underdogs side nor are the people who support her.

I also think it's very shallow, if you are on the Sanders end of the spectrum, to condone how she stitched him up, and vote for the democratic party taking the wrong direction- it would validate business as usual and the democrats not moving to the left and it would be a move against representative democracy as imo there was far more support for Sanders than the system reflected- this is the whole point- it's not a myth, the people are not being represented and the system is not fully democratic. So why go to a polling booth and support that? The only reason is, as I say, foreign affairs and I think as Russia is the main concern Trump could be safer than Hillary. In addition, if she tanks, the Dems may have to get a real original radcial left candidate, and they could get in in 4 years time.

ReputationRep:
    That's wishful thinking indeed.

I wish people had hated him more over the Scottish golf course- only sadly, I think that's inline with their economic philosophy. That was when I disliked him more than I do now.

I don't think it's much to do with him, tbh I do distrust him, just as I do her.

But it's absurd how on the one hand we are told of the Russian a bogeyman and threat all the time, and simultaneously told how the biggest risk to security is the person who will build cordial relations with Putin rather than the person who is virtually itching for conflict with him.

It's not even logical, they can't have it both ways.

I don't condone any thing he said, I just think she is untrustworthy, as are the media, and she is not on any underdogs side nor are the people who support her.

I also think it's very shallow, if you are on the Sanders end of the spectrum, to condone how she stitched him up, and vote for the democratic party taking the wrong direction- it would validate business as usual and the democrats not moving to the left and it would be a move against representative democracy as imo there was far more support for Sanders than the system reflected- this is the whole point- it's not a myth, the people are not being represented and the system is not fully democratic. So why go to a polling booth and support that? The only reason is, as I say, foreign affairs and I think as Russia is the main concern Trump could be safer than Hillary. In addition, if she tanks, the Dems may have to get a real original radcial left candidate, and they could get in in 4 years time.
    Yeah, I see Trump as having a businessman attitude to conflict, he'd rather negotiate and prevent conflict with Russia than start a needless war, as it'd be more "profitable" to the US. I don't think he'd be a particularly good president(neither would Hillary), but I don't believe him to be as stupid as the media likes to portray him.

ReputationRep:
    This 1930s reborn crap is annoying me too.

The elites think this is Hitler-esque 'populism', the equivalent of 1930 again, whereas you know what it really is? - 1770.
    This upcoming period in the US and Europe will be the closest to that revolutionary period we have come since IMO.

These changes are the start of a necessary re-ordering, and Brexit and Trump pave the way for left leaning governments succeeding them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luneth)
    Yeah, I see Trump as having a businessman attitude to conflict, he'd rather negotiate and prevent conflict with Russia than start a needless war, as it'd be more "profitable" to the US. I don't think he'd be a particularly good president(neither would Hillary), but I don't believe him to be as stupid as the media likes to portray him.
    He deliberately pitches it low, cynically to those people.

Not saying that is admirable and whether that's worse than believing it really is a whole other debate.

But he isn't stupid.

With the exception of maybe the wall I don't think he'll be that hardline, and not on foreign policy.

ReputationRep:
    "Which is not what Democracy is all about. "

There is no such thing as Democracy in the US. Lol just thought I would point that out.

ReputationRep:
    If he loses Florida he has no chance. And Latino turnout is higher than ever in early voting so he is unlikely to win,

ReputationRep:
    Trump is real
    Hillary is fake
    Now decide who you will vote for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

8) He's a man, and obviously, only men are fit to lead. (sarcasm)

ReputationRep:
    The elites think this is Hitler-esque 'populism', the equivalent of 1930 again, whereas you know what it really is? - 1770.
    Well both eras were characterised by white people committing crimes against humanity because they saw a certain race as inferior, so maybe it's both.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.