driving test quick ques Watch

This discussion is closed.
sloaney87
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Im out of the country at the moment, ill be 17 in september i dont have a provisional license yet

i wanna book my test now (get my prov when im in london at the end of august) so its ready for when im back

how long does it take for the prov. to arrive?
do u need to give its details 2 the test centre?
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
You need to take the theory test before you book your practical.

www.dsa.gov.uk
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
You need your provisional license before you can book your theory, but you can get your provisional before you're 17 if you arrange for it to become valid on your 17th birthday. Not sure what happens if you're out of the country though. Probably just wait until you get back, then go into a post office and fill in the form. If you take your passport to the post office, then for an extra £4 they can check your form and verify your ID so you don't need to send your passport away. I did mine in January and it took just under 2 weeks to arrive. Take your theory test as early as you can, and get the hazard perception practise CD rom, especially as you won't have had driving experience to prepare you for it. The waiting list for theory tests varies. Mine was about 2 weeks. You should also have a few lessons before you book your practical test, as you don't know how long you'll take to learn. Wait until you're learning and then talk to your instructor about it. DSA says most people need about 40 hours before they are ready to take their test, but people don't actually need that much. I think the average is about 25-30 hours of lessons. However, I know a couple of people that passed after 12 hours, and someone that's had over 50 and still isn't ready. Just wait and see what your driving instructor says.
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
Oh yeah, you need to quote your license number when you book your theory test, and take both your card and your paper counterpart to the theory test centre with you. Then you need to quote your license number and your theory test certificate number when you book your practical, and take both parts of your license and your theory test certificate to the practical test.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (359)
91.82%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (32)
8.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise