Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I have currently used all five of my University choices. I have also been accepted in all five, however, after some more research I have come to the conclusion that I meet the requirements of King's College London.

Would it be wise to decline all offers and apply through UCAS Extra for KCL?

I was also thinking if it was possible to re-apply to the same other four in the event that I somehow get rejected. Would such a thing even be possible?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You can only apply to one university at a time through Extra. If KCL rejected you, you could in theory re-apply to one of the universities you declined, but there's no guarantee you'd get in again - indeed, if the admission tutor remembered your application then they might reasonably ask themselves whether an offer of a place is wasted on someone who has already declined them once.

So in answer so your question, no, I don't think it would be wise to decline your offers and apply to KCL - not unless you're sure you don't want to go to any of your 5 choices.

ReputationRep:
    If they have places in Extra, then you can but you have no guarantee that they will do.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ALK96)
    Hi Everyone,

I have currently used all five of my University choices. I have also been accepted in all five, however, after some more research I have come to the conclusion that I meet the requirements of King's College London.

Would it be wise to decline all offers and apply through UCAS Extra for KCL?

I was also thinking if it was possible to re-apply to the same other four in the event that I somehow get rejected. Would such a thing even be possible?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.
    A better alternative is Adjustment.

Firm your prefered current choice, and then on Results Day you can keep that place on hold but apply to KCL via Adjustment.

Edit to add: BTW, don't firm ANY offers yet - there's no rush, and you might change your mind, again...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    A better alternative is Adjustment.

Firm your preferred current choice, and then on Results Day you can keep that place on hold but apply to KCL via Adjustment.

Edit to add: BTW, don't firm ANY offers yet - there's no rush, and you might change your mind, again...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply,

I should have mentioned that I am actually an international applicant. The course I am seeking admission to requires the LNAT. Considering all my grades are already published, would I still have to wait until Results Day?

Would it also be possible to contact KCL now and see if they even have the course available through adjustment?

Thanks so much!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ALK96)
    Thanks for the reply,

I should have mentioned that I am actually an international applicant. The course I am seeking admission to requires the LNAT. Considering all my grades are already published, would I still have to wait until Results Day?

Would it also be possible to contact KCL now and see if they even have the course available through adjustment?

Thanks so much!
    Adjustment is an option only available after a level results day,so they couldn't tell you until then if they ll have places or not.

ReputationRep:
    You don't "meet the requirements" for King's until the LNAT score says you do. If you have taken the LNAT, then you still don't necessarily know if you meet the requirements for King's. If you haven't taken it, it seems a waste of time to take the test on the basis that one university might accept a late application or an application through adjustment.
    If you want to apply to King's for an LNAT-gated course, you are probably going to have to make a new application next year because you can bet your bottom dollar that they will not be appearing in Extra and almost certainly won't be appearing in Adjustment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giella)
    You don't "meet the requirements" for King's until the LNAT score says you do. If you have taken the LNAT, then you still don't necessarily know if you meet the requirements for King's. If you haven't taken it, it seems a waste of time to take the test on the basis that one university might accept a late application or an application through adjustment.
    If you want to apply to King's for an LNAT-gated course, you are probably going to have to make a new application next year because you can bet your bottom dollar that they will not be appearing in Extra and almost certainly won't be appearing in Adjustment.
    I was initially discouraged from applying due to the increased costs of living in London. However, more recently the idea of studying there has grown on me.

I won't exactly be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I still have both Edinburgh and Manchester to fall back on. It was just a thought that had crossed my mind.

Thanks for your help!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.