Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I sent my application to KCL a couple of weeks ago and received this email:

Missing Application Information

In order to continue assessing your application, please can you provide the following information within 7 days:

• Academic reference from a verifiable academic email address or on headed paper and signed.

What does it mean? Do I have to provide another reference in addition to the one I sent through UCAS? Why?

ReputationRep:
    No, you just have to get your teacher or whoever wrote your academic reference to put it on official paper from your school or you can get them to send it directly to the university via their school e-mail address. But if I was you, I would make them put it on official paper and send it to you. That way will always have the reference by hand and you can control the uploading process yourself. Win win.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thpeu)
    No, you just have to get your teacher or whoever wrote your academic reference to put it on official paper from your school or you can get them to send it directly to the university via their school e-mail address. But if I was you, I would make them put it on official paper and send it to you. That way will always have the reference by hand and you can control the uploading process yourself. Win win.

Good luck!
    Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness, I thought that I was the only one who had received that email. I'm relieved that it's more common than I thought and doesn't mean my application is headed straight for the reject pile.

I found this from a KCL reply last year about the same thing:

"The most likely reason we’ve made this request is that the reference we received came from a Gmail or other non-institution address, and we require UCAS references to come from an institution e-mail address (or to be submitted to us directly on headed paper).

It is neither a good nor bad sign."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thpeu)

Good luck!
    Hey i just wanted to know when re-sending the reference to the univversity, should my tutor include my student number or any additional details? and i cant get an official paper since im applying independently.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.