The Student Room Group

HMV Christmas temp!

Hi! I applied for a HMV Christmas temp job on Friday evening (the job only went up a day or so ago before I applied anyway), and I applied online. Anyone who has worked there before (or works there currently), what was the process like? Do you get a call for an interview? I am very passionate about music / games and so on, but I am just afraid I may not get this job :frown: Thank you!
Reply 1
can anyone help? :smile:
Very late reply but in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread, thought i'd reply x)

From my experience it was one group interview, usually just in stockroom. There's about 6 or so people and they start off by getting everyone to introduce themselves and say the things they are most interested in (obviously relate to the store!). Then they'll ask a few group questions and split you into little groups for some group tasks. Finally they'll bring out a basket with a ton of items in and you have to pick one out. Then they call you into a separate room one at a time and you have to sell them that product, it could be anything from a dvd to a headset. One guy at my interview got a PEZ dispenser!

If you're successful you should here back pretty quick by email, if not you'll get the standard 'we regret to inform you...' email.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending