The Student Room Group

MSc vs BSc Physiotherapy 2017

I am a 3rd year undergraduate biomedical student, planning to apply for a physiotherapy degree this year. I wondered how the postgraduate 2 year pre-registration courses in physiotherapy compare to the undergraduate BSc. Also how competitive are they both?

Are there universities with BSc courses that place more weight on my degree outcome than my A levels (as these alone would not be strong enough for me to apply- BBC), and if so, where? I am on for a 2:1 or possibly a 1st - have not had a prediction from my personal tutor yet. I have managed to get some work experience but how much should I be looking to have done when I apply?
Hey,

I'm applying for MSc (pre-reg) physiotherapy for September 2017. Both the BSc and MSc are very competitive, with the latter more so.

Not sure about the BSc not being as bothered about A-level grades as undergraduate classification, but most MSc courses do not mention A-levels in their entry criteria. A few universities specify good A-levels but most aren't particularly bothered and therefore degree classification is the priority.

With regards to work experience, I wouldn't suggest applying without experience in cardio-respiratory, MSK, paediatrics and palliative care environments. I've been fortunate enough to get experience in about 15 different environments and that should be sufficient (touch wood)

Any other questions, just let me know!

Good luck :smile:
Hey Mr.Bean1994,

Looks like you are standing pretty strong with all your work experiences I'm sure you'll be fine !! I am also applying for the msc course so I was just wondering which unis you applied for and whether you've heard back?
Good luck everyone !
Hey MrBean1994,

I've also applied for the msc programme. Which ones have you applied to and have you heard back from any? Looks like you are standing pretty strong with your work experiences. I'm sure you'll be fine !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending