Turn on thread page Beta

Confessing your feelings to someone you can't have watch

Hi, do you guys think there is any point in confessing to someone that is impossible to have (for example due to being gay or taken or too old or something like that) that you used to have a crush on them? Or that you still do have a crush on them? Because I like the idea of being honest and if someone liked me but they were too old/young, or female (I'm female) or I was taken, I would still want to know that they liked me, because it's kind of interesting. And you only live once therefore if you don't tell them you may be wondering for ages 'hmmmm I wonder what their reaction would have been'.

However it may cause more harm than good and make the person feel creeped out. So what are your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    And you only live once therefore if you don't tell them you may be wondering for ages 'hmmmm I wonder what their reaction would have been'.

Pretty much that.It's human.So if they reject, they reject, if they don't, you get to deal with it and it's good for you, if they don't. you might have something beautiful.

(Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    And you only live once therefore if you don't tell them you may be wondering for ages 'hmmmm I wonder what their reaction would have been'.

Pretty much that.It's human.So if they reject, they reject, if they don't, you get to deal with it and it's good for you, if they don't. you might have something beautiful.
    Yeah I'm leaning towards this mindset. I have a bit of a crush on a taken gay guy at the moment and I'm looking forward to my feelings ending just so I can tell him I used to like him. It's mostly curiosity about their reaction and the fact that I regret keeping certain things quiet in the past

ReputationRep:
    Tell them.

(Original post by Ravenwest)
    Tell them.
    You know, I think I will. However I will wait until the crush ends as it may make things a bit awkward, and could potentially screw up a friendship
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Well sure, I guess it depends on your current friendship with them. No point ruining the friendship if you can't have them right? Then again, would you want to be friends :hmmmm: I guess, why not... I assume you're a girl right?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I'm leaning towards this mindset. I have a bit of a crush on a taken gay guy at the moment and I'm looking forward to my feelings ending just so I can tell him I used to like him. It's mostly curiosity about their reaction and the fact that I regret keeping certain things quiet in the past
    I'm not really sure what the point in telling a gay guy is as it's a certainty he'll never be into you sexually. I also don't think it's very appropriate to mess with somebody's feelings or confess things that are going to be awkward 'just to see their reaction'.

I've had a gay guy confess to me before (I'm a straight male) and it ended the friendship we had because it was just too awkward after that.

(Original post by UWS)
    Well sure, I guess it depends on your current friendship with them. No point ruining the friendship if you can't have them right? Then again, would you want to be friends :hmmmm: I guess, why not... I assume you're a girl right?
    Yes I'm a girl. The person is the boyfriend of my male friend so telling him now could potentially very badly screw up that friendship. I get on with the guy alright, he's a bit shy, but seems relaxed around me but I think he might feel really awkward if he knew and therefore it might ruin everything. Though sometimes I do get the feeling that he 'knows'.

I think I'd rather wait until the feelings are completely dead (they're sort of dying) so telling him will be more relaxed or funny like 'guess what? I kind of used to like you when we were younger haha'

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not really sure what the point in telling a gay guy is as it's a certainty he'll never be into you sexually. I also don't think it's very appropriate to mess with somebody's feelings or confess things that are going to be awkward 'just to see their reaction'.

I've had a gay guy confess to me before (I'm a straight male) and it ended the friendship we had because it was just too awkward after that.
    Yes this is what I'm debating, whether there is any point. But I feel like telling could be a good thing, as I like to be honest and it could be good to be more open. I feel like it could be a shame if he never found out.

Ahh okay the friendship ending due to awkwardness is a huge risk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.