Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    with the exception of jeans, which are washed on after about a week of wearing (not necessarily in one stretch) everything is washed after one wear, otherwise i feel really...icky.

my friend, on the other hand, wore a pair of jeans for TWO YEARS before she bothered washing them. :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    How often do you lot do it, if once a week is too bothersome?
    i do it on a friday night and mam does it on a wednessday so you could say twice a week but 3 people live in this house and i dont just do my own neither does mam.

ReputationRep:
    I normally wear PJs whenever I'm in the house. I literally get dressed and undressed several times a day because I just find it more comfortable to lounge around in my pjs.I normally change back in to the same thing during the day rather then a new outfit each time. Obviously I don't get changed if I'm only in the house for 10 minutes.

As well as being more comfortable it also means that my clothes don't get as dirty or sweaty. I have plenty of pjs or things that can be worn as pjs, such as a pair of shorts and one of my boyfriends t-shirts, so I don't have to worry about getting them as dirty because there will always be something else to wear. If I wore my clothes constantly throughout each day then I would probably have to wash them a lot more often.

The amount of times I can wear something changes all the time. If I'm in uni for hours during a hot day then the top I'm wearing will go straight in the to laundry bag, or the floor , when I take it off.

I tend to do a "big wash" whenever I run out of knickers or when it's clear I have nothing clean to wear.

If OP you mean in a 'fashion' sense then I will wear something again if it's clean. I won't make a deal out of making sure I wear a different outfit everyday.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by sillyvicky)
    i do it on a friday night and mam does it on a wednessday so you could say twice a week but 3 people live in this house and i dont just do my own neither does mam.
    My poor mom does everybody's laundry every other day. I wish she wouldn't, but she's one of those "neat freaks".

At uni I do mine every weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillyvicky)
    It feels uncomfortable knowing youve had the same clothes on over and over again plus even using deodorant your clothes still become smelly after a few days.
    maybe you just smell?

and yes "after a few days" which is why I put tshirts in the wash after a few days not after I've worn them once. a) because I haven't the money to do the washing that much and b) I haven't got enough clothes to do that.

and whilst it may feel uncomfortable for you, it certainly doesn't for me.

ReputationRep:
    Socks, T shirts/tops and underpants (well, obviously with that one) all need a wash after one wear for me, unless I only wore it for a few hours or something. Everything else I can get away with for a bit longer, with denim stuff practically walking of their own accord before they meet a washing machine. Heh.

whole outfits though? Nah, I'd only look a skank then.

ReputationRep:
    2 days unless dirty before then. Sometimes 2 days in a row, sometimes 1 day then another day later, cardigans/jackets longer though as I'll always wear something under them

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit of a skank...my jeans go months without being washed. In fact, I don't remember putting my jeans for the wash since last July, as in nearly 14 months ago :eek: I must have put them for the wash since then...surely! Eek

But yeah, I never put my stuff for the wash really, unless it gets something on it or it smells.

With regards to wearing the same outfit, I will try to wear something different if the people I'm seeing have seen me in that outfit before, or at least recently. I always wear the same jeans, but people don't really care about jeans, it's just if you wear the same top all the time you seem a bit strange.

ReputationRep:
    One day is more than enough...

ReputationRep:
    Underwear i change everyday, jeans and skirts i change every few days, tops every other day.

ReputationRep:
    Only wearing clothes once doesn't mean you wash them every day...

I know...see my later post about people who feel the need to wear different clothing everyday..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Eh? What's wrong with wearing different clothing every day? :confused: I'm pretty sure that almost everyone does that.

ReputationRep:
    Eh? What's wrong with wearing different clothing every day? :confused: I'm pretty sure that almost everyone does that.
    Nothing is wrong with it. As I said in my earlier post I just dont feel the need to do it for fashion purposes. If I have a pair of trousres out of the wardrobe I'll just wear that for a couple of days and throw it into the wahsing rather than wear 3 different ones on 3 different days...others will alternate because of what they think people will think of them if they are seen in the same clothes on consecutive days (like the OP) - not really a problem i have..

ReputationRep:
    Shirts I tend to wash after wearing once, but trousers and jeans I can wear for months without washing....as for frequency of washing, whenever the pile in my bedroom gets too big...

ReputationRep:
    Normally with jeans and jumpers, i wear them twice (more for jeans:P) before washing them (if they're not dirty). But I always change my tops every day, and wash them after a day of wearing them. Just habit i guess...

ReputationRep:
    i wear my jeans for like, a week... i don't know why! but tops are 2 days max, unless i'm being lazy or haven't worn that top for very long one day.. so maybe 3.. hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleHutch)
    jeans i usually get about four or five wears out of them, less in the winter as they get all soggy and manky at the bottom. tops get one wear, unless im just slobbing about the house, then it would be two. cardis/jumpers etc get maybe fiveish days, unless they were sweaty or dirty.
    :dito:!!

ReputationRep:
    Just to be clear: I don't wash my clothes every day, I just wear clothes once before they are washed. I wash my clothes every few days.

ReputationRep:
    My mum would kill me if I wore tops and jeans just once before washing as a rule! Must cost a bomb.

ReputationRep:
    I only generally wash stuff when it looks dirty/I really have been wearing it for a long time. A bit skanky I know sorry. I've got some jeans that I haven't ever washed I don't think, and I've worn them a good 10-15 times lol. They still look clean and new though so its fine I reckon :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.