Turn on thread page Beta

How many days are too many for wearing the same outfit? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After reading this thread i am hoping every one changes there knickers/thongs/boxers etc daily because on a few replies im unsure lol!

i certainly only wear knickers / socks once!

tee's two days max

jeans about 2-3 days wear.

ReputationRep:
    jeanns last forever without being washed EXCEPT if you go clubbing in them, then u gotta wash them straight away.

hoodies and tops and stuff last a good week i rekon.

things like t-shirts and underwear - i only wear em once
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Jeans I wash after 5-10 wears. Or if something gets on them.
    Everything else, one wear.

And I never wear the same outfit two days in a row. I can't think of any reason to doing that... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    For fashion purposes, if I'm seeing the same people I'll change something about the outfit, like wear a different shirt or something. Over about 3 days I'll be rotating the same selection of clothes.

In regards to washing:

Underwear - Everyday.
    Tops - 2-3 wears depending.
    Jeans - When they get dirty. Usually about every 2 weeks though.
    Coats - When they get dirty.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what i have done. If i have been jogging or working hard i usually change everything for the next day. If i have lazed around the house, i think **** it and wear it all the next day. Except change boxers. On a week ay for uni though i change T-shirt everyday, and jeans 2-3 days same with jumper.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on whether it smells and looks dirty. I can wear jeans for weeks without washing them. I usually wash tops more often but not always every day, depends on how much I sweat etc. but I usually don't wear them twice in a row. It also depends on how you feel about wearing clothes again and again. I got used to it as I travelled a lot in the desert where we had limited bags and water, and there was a drought when I lived in Tz so we had to save water...

ReputationRep:
    What I don't understand is when people change their tops everyday, and they change their pants everyday but they don't change their bras everyday, its just weird imo.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone here wear normal torusers? I wear trousers more than jeans (not common as much you see ) but they both get the same treatment - i.e i'll wash jeans just as normal trosuers.

ReputationRep:
    I change my clothes everyday as I don't like wearing same clothes.

As for washing:
    Underwear/socks - everyday
    T shirts - everyday
    Jeans - 3/4 days unless they need washing
    Jackets - whenever they need washing
    Work clothes - As pants are suit I don't tend to wash them as much as they get woren.

ReputationRep:
    I wear things quite a lot before washing. Meh, I'm clearly a skank.

Some people I know wash everything after one wearing, and others (like me) tend to get a good few wears out of things before putting them in the wash. I'll tend to keep jeans about for a week without washing, but maybe only wear them on 3/4 of the seven days. Ditto with most other things, such as t-shirts etc. Once something looks grimy, I'll wash it, and if it feels gross (maybe after a hot day) I'll wash it, but if it looks/feels/smells okay, I'll wash it once a week. All I do is sit around at home playing WoW/reading, or sit in the office at the computer, so I don't exactly get things dirty. When I go riding, I'll wear the same smelly t-shirt all week, and the same smelly jodphurs, but that's just because they only get used for 2 hours at a time, and no-one cares if I smell.

Obviously socks/pants/tights etc get put in the wash straight away!!

However, I don't wear the same combination of things everyday, as that gets boring.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.