The Student Room Group

Pain in left hand side of chest

Good afternoon all,

Over the last 3 weeks I have noticed a sharp pain that comes and goes every so often (tends to be once a day) and am looking for advise on what it could be.

I was in hospital for 9 hours on Wednesday, I only went for an ecg and blood test but they kept me in as my blood pressure was 161/87 and was worried something might happen, my bpm was also very high at over 125.

I think that was more nerves as I hate hospitals and places like that... but they couldn't diagnose me with anything, I now have an appointment with my GP in 2 weeks time however I kinda want to have an idea earlier...

If anyone has experianced this before and has an idea, please help!

Many thanks,
Anon
Original post by Anonymous
Good afternoon all,

Over the last 3 weeks I have noticed a sharp pain that comes and goes every so often (tends to be once a day) and am looking for advise on what it could be.

I was in hospital for 9 hours on Wednesday, I only went for an ecg and blood test but they kept me in as my blood pressure was 161/87 and was worried something might happen, my bpm was also very high at over 125.

I think that was more nerves as I hate hospitals and places like that... but they couldn't diagnose me with anything, I now have an appointment with my GP in 2 weeks time however I kinda want to have an idea earlier...

If anyone has experianced this before and has an idea, please help!

Many thanks,
Anon

Explain to your GP what the hospital said,emphasise how high your bp was and hopefully that will get you an appointment sooner.
Reply 2
Ditto. Ask for an urgent appointment with your GP tomorrow. :smile:
Any concerns in the meantime call 111.

Quick Reply

Latest