Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: how many of you contour and to what extent? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious. I'm new to the whole contouring trend (probably began 4 months ago), and it's more towards the natural side. It's the normal places - nose, jaw and cheeks.

I'm looking to take it a step further and go from powder to cream contouring. I've also been looking for a good brush to use.

Any recommendations for a good brush and cream contour/concealer? I don't mind any (high end/drugstore). I've been using a bronzer from MAC (matte bronze) but I don't think it's hitting it for me. It's fabulous in the morning, but after I'm back from university, it seems less defining and fades away.

I've got tan (Indian) skin and black hair if it helps. I also don't wear foundation anymore, so I'm looking for something that will easily blend and last on my skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _howl)
    I'm curious. I'm new to the whole contouring trend (probably began 4 months ago), and it's more towards the natural side. It's the normal places - nose, jaw and cheeks.

I'm looking to take it a step further and go from powder to cream contouring. I've also been looking for a good brush to use.

Any recommendations for a good brush and cream contour/concealer? I don't mind any (high end/drugstore). I've been using a bronzer from MAC (matte bronze) but I don't think it's hitting it for me. It's fabulous in the morning, but after I'm back from university, it seems less defining and fades away.

I've got tan (Indian) skin and black hair if it helps. I also don't wear foundation anymore, so I'm looking for something that will easily blend and last on my skin.
    Looks natural, says with irony.

I find it such a distortion of reality. Usually looks nice though.

ReputationRep:
    Use the NYX Bronzer- honestly it’s amazing, it’s the perfect shade for tan skin tones (shade- dark tan)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I guess I would for a big event especially if there’s photographs being taken but otherwise no I ain’t got time for that
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi lovely. TBH, I don't contour at all as I don't think it looks natural. However, for parties or events it can look fab. I simply use bronzer to define my cheeks bones and areas that the sun naturally hits. The bronzer I use is in Urban Decay's naked flush palette which also comes with a blush and highlight

ReputationRep:
    I don't contour, but only because I don't do it well haha. Once I get better at makeup, I think I will do it often

ReputationRep:
    haven't contoured at all, I honestly don't see the appeal

everytime I watch make up vids I think the girls look good enough when just wearing foundation, blush and do their eye make up, when they start adding the contour and highlighter I honestly think 'why did they feel the need to add all that too?'. the highlighter just makes their face look shiny and the contour makes their face look like a picasso painting (maybe thats the point, I dunno)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abs96)
    Hi lovely. TBH, I don't contour at all as I don't think it looks natural. However, for parties or events it can look fab. I simply use bronzer to define my cheeks bones and areas that the sun naturally hits. The bronzer I use is in Urban Decay's naked flush palette which also comes with a blush and highlight
    I think it appears natural and yet is very far from being natural.

I imagine some guys get a fright when they see their new girlfriends without makeup or contour

ReputationRep:
    I see so many youtube makeup tutorials where they are highlighting and contouring, and i think it looks nice in photos ...but I'm not sure how it would look in real life- i imagine it would like noticeable

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.