Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am tired of going to school all I ever do is sit at home.clean and go to school i hate school I feel like I am wasting my time.My parents are pissing me off having a go at me for not going to any extra cirriculum acitvities.I don't want to be at school anymore time than I need to.I hate it so much i want to get grades because I am angry and I feel betrayed by the education system all we do is memorise facts and if we do so successfully we will have a good future.But we don't understnad anything we learn and how and why things are for example.I don't enjoy the education I love learning but at school we do not learn anything but memorise things which is not learning because we don't understanding anything.

ReputationRep:
    You make a fair point. But what would you do if you left school now? And how would you succeed in society with no qualifications, pointless or otherwise?

Twenty+ years after I did my GCSEs I have just become a trainee teacher. The biggest hurdle to overcome? The fact I had lost my GCSE certificate. It turns out you have to have C grades in GCSE Maths and English to become a teacher. Not that I can remember anything about them. It is the bit of paper that is important.

Sometimes in life we have to do things we don't like doing in order to gain and achieve the things we want. One thing I have learned in the last couple of months of teacher training is that extra-curricular activities are proven to break down the reluctance students like yourself have towards school. Give it a go. At worst, you will hate it and can just give up - but you never know - you might actually enjoy it and feel part of something bigger.

Good luck!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.