Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So this is basically a bit of a rant, my apologies

At the moment, there is enormous controversy surrounding teaching in Ireland, to do with supervision hours and differences in pay. An organisation of teachers called the ASTI have decided to instruct their teachers to pull out of substitution duties from tomorrow- this means that ASTI schools can't open due to health and safety reasons.

This means that I can't get my cover sheet for my written work filled out because the school will be closed and locked, and all teachers have had to pull out of doing any 'extra' work outside of teaching. If I can't get the cover sheet filled out, how am I supposed to submit the work? And I understand that this is cutting it close to the deadline, but I only received the email from Magdalen regarding written work last week, and we've been on mid-term break since!

It's beginning to feel like everything is against me!

Again, sorry for the rant, but if anyone can sympathise or comes up with a solution, please comment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evecob)
    So this is basically a bit of a rant, my apologies

At the moment, there is enormous controversy surrounding teaching in Ireland, to do with supervision hours and differences in pay. An organisation of teachers called the ASTI have decided to instruct their teachers to pull out of substitution duties from tomorrow- this means that ASTI schools can't open due to health and safety reasons.

This means that I can't get my cover sheet for my written work filled out because the school will be closed and locked, and all teachers have had to pull out of doing any 'extra' work outside of teaching. If I can't get the cover sheet filled out, how am I supposed to submit the work? And I understand that this is cutting it close to the deadline, but I only received the email from Magdalen regarding written work last week, and we've been on mid-term break since!

It's beginning to feel like everything is against me!

Again, sorry for the rant, but if anyone can sympathise or comes up with a solution, please comment!
    Your best option here is to get in contact with Magdalen admissions and explain your situation and ask them what you can do.

ReputationRep:
    I had another question about written work - what are we meant to write on teachers role. Should I write english teacher, head of english or personal tutor as all three are true?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.