Turn on thread page Beta

Hello

Don't know if anyone could help me here...
    I have a boyfriend in the RAF who just finished his apprenticeship and he has been placed where he is for 3 months so far.
    Apparently you can not change from being full time to reservist until you've done a set amount of time..... (my boyfriend is saying that he has to do 3 years of service before being able to change)
    Is this true??

I'm finding it extrememly difficult where he is and i feel like this would be the better option....

Please please help if you know anything about the military 🙏🏻

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find any information on this, but I'm bumping the thread in case anyone else knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello

Don't know if anyone could help me here...
    I have a boyfriend in the RAF who just finished his apprenticeship and he has been placed where he is for 3 months so far.
    Apparently you can not change from being full time to reservist until you've done a set amount of time..... (my boyfriend is saying that he has to do 3 years of service before being able to change)
    Is this true??

I'm finding it extrememly difficult where he is and i feel like this would be the better option....

Please please help if you know anything about the military 🙏🏻
    Yes it is true. He's contracted to serve a minimum amount of time in the regular forces, depending on the trade he's in.

If you were with him before he joined up, then this is something you should have discussed and prepared yourself for.

(Original post by moonkatt)
    Yes it is true. He's contracted to serve a minimum amount of time in the regular forces, depending on the trade he's in.

If you were with him before he joined up, then this is something you should have discussed and prepared yourself for.
    We have been together since he was placed where he is now. He wasn't in training before but he was a Lebanese to come home every weekend. The realisation has just hit me that things are so much harder now. We did talk about things before he went, I'm sure we did but I can't remember.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.