Turn on thread page Beta

Is it weird for a 22 yr old Girl to date younger? watch

ReputationRep:
    My sis is 22 and just met this guy at her hockey club. She didnt know how old he is but asked a friend there and they think he's between 18-20 so younger than her. Apparently he is a nice nice person, volunteers for charities and is nice to everyone and ****.

She texted me for guy advice.. am I the only one who thinks it's weird if someone 22 dates that much younger? Bit Mrs Robinson and cougar time lol. Plus she is only staying there for about 6 months for work.

Also my sister is very hot TBH (no Game of Thrones) so she's been asked out even by rich older guys like doctors and management consultants in their 30s. Should I advise her to date one of them instead :rofl: #golddigger
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    To be honest mate, you don't really have a say. If she wants to date someone a few years younger than her then so be it, it's her choice.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a huge difference. If they like each other I don't see a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    To be honest mate, you don't really have a say. If she wants to date someone a few years younger than her then so be it, it's her choice.
    I know lol, she texted me for advice tho bc Im the eldest :innocent:

Do you think I should suggest she finds someone her age

(Original post by wifty)
    It's not a huge difference. If they like each other I don't see a problem.
    I don't know any girls who date 4 years younger tho I guess I'm confused lol because she has a proper job and is an adult, she's had older guys who are doctors and rich and stuff chasing her.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)

You should tell her that she should do what makes her happy. The age difference isn't that much and it isn't uncommon to find girls dating younger guys anyway.

ReputationRep:

I don't know any girls who date 4 years younger tho I guess I'm confused lol because she has a proper job and is an adult, she's had older guys who are doctors and rich and stuff chasing her.
    No. Let her do what she wants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You should tell her that she should do what makes her happy. The age difference isn't that much and it isn't uncommon to find girls dating younger guys anyway.
    Yeah maybe it's just me lol. What if he's like 18 though? :eek:

(Original post by _gcx)
    No
    Maybe Im just projecting but I was an arse at 18/19 lol and so were most boys I know maybe he is a nice boy through :rofl:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yeah maybe it's just me lol. What if he's like 18 though? :eek:
    There's nothing wrong with that though, he's legal and considered an adult. 4 years isn't that much so I don't see how it could pose a problem. Of course if she has to like him though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    There's nothing wrong with that though, he's legal and considered an adult. 4 years isn't that much so I don't see how it could pose a problem. Of course if she has to like him though.
    Yea idk how to advise her being a boy lol, I thought girls usually dated up though. My sister is mature for her age, too. I think she wants to ask him out, without it being creepy b/c of the difference.

ReputationRep:
    My sis is 22 and just met this guy at her hockey club. She didnt know how old he is but asked a friend there and they think he's between 18-20 so younger than her. Apparently he is a nice nice person, volunteers for charities and is nice to everyone and ****.

She texted me for guy advice.. am I the only one who thinks it's weird if someone 22 dates that much younger? Bit Mrs Robinson and cougar time lol. Plus she is only staying there for about 6 months for work.

Also my sister is very hot TBH (no Game of Thrones) so she's been asked out even by rich older guys like doctors and management consultants in their 30s. Should I advise her to date one of them instead :rofl: #golddigger
    no, #what a dream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will'o'wisp)
    no, #what a dream
    No it isn't weird?

ReputationRep:
    ...You think 22 is cougar age!?

Are you actually for real.

I'm 23 and I'd consider a 20 year old. Age is just a number. I'm young for my age both mentally and in regards to appearance. So a mature 20yo could just as easily be on the same level of maturity as me.

Am I going to let something as arbitary as numbers get in the way (and before anyone chimes in, yes numbers within that range is arbitrary)? That would be foolish.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you be happy with your sister dating a man at least 8 years old than her, yet find her dating a man 2 years younger, weird?

Do you not see the sexism there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    ...You think 22 is cougar age!?

Are you actually for real.

I'm 23 and I'd consider a 20 year old. Age is just a number. I'm young for my age both mentally and in regards to appearance. So a mature 20yo could just as easily be on the same level of maturity as me.

Am I going to let something as arbitary as numbers get in the way (and before anyone chimes in, yes numbers within that range is arbitrary)? That would be foolish.
    Lol its a joke relax :P

My sister is pretty mature for her age TBH, our dad is sadly no longer with us so she grew up quickly. Plus most boys that age are quite immature lol.. speaking from experience.

Should I advise her to ask him out tho?? bc thats what she was asking me over text. Obviously my sister doesnt want stuff to be awkward at the club either.

ReputationRep:
    My friend is 17 and is dating a 23 year old girl. I dont see anything wrong with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't weird?
    if i had that i'd be happy

age really tho is a number and it's a number we're talking about here so a little older is fine

ReputationRep:
    I'm dating a 22 year old woman and I am aged 21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polka_Specs)
    I'm dating a 22 year old woman and I am aged 21.
    Are you both at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavyDG)
    My friend is 17 and is dating a 23 year old girl. I dont see anything wrong with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Are you both at uni?
    She and I are doing apprenticeships, we meet at our training sessions and asked I asked for her number.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.