The Student Room Group
purple_sparkle
i am most likely going to be resitting my a2s so do i just wait until the next enrolement day at my college or do i have to reject my grade before theen. and am i allowed to like cash in on a couple of modules or do i have to retake all modules?
any help would be appreciated!
You can't cash in individual modules. The point of cashing-in is to get a certificate (AS or A2).

You need to decline your A2 grade at the centre you sat them, otherwise it is not possible. You also need to use the same UCI number, this is very important otherwise you'll have to resit all the modules again. You can now resit the modules you want to improve, the rest will be carried forward. In any case, the modules with the highest marks will always be used for the certification.

I get the impression you think declining means you lose all your unit marks. It doesn't, it simply means you won't get a certificate just yet.

Edit: there is also a deadline for declining, so do it soon otherwise you'll be charged.
Reply 2
thanks mustard man.
so the a2 grade is declined and then i can still only choose to do 2 out of 3 modules?
thing is i do biology aqa and for one of the modules i got a high C(1 mark off a B) and i relly dont want to do that module again as i found it sooooo boring and so would want to only do my unit 6 and synoptic papers and not unit 5!
Yes, decline the A2 grade (follow what I said in my earlier post). It would be best to bring your results slip when registering since all the codes are there already.

You can do as many or as little number of UNITS you want (UNITS - I know Edexcel Chemistry 6 has an option of doing practical + synoptic, so if you resit unit 6, you have to do both).
Reply 4
Cheers Mustard Man this has helped me too. I assume you don't know when the deadline to decline is? It won't be until September right?
No probs. I've actually written a whole thread about results and stuff - check the link in my sig, you should be able to find the answer there :smile:
Reply 6
^response to fevernova: September 13th according to my college but i'm not sure if this is the case with every school.
Reply 7
Mustard-man
No probs. I've actually written a whole thread about results and stuff - check the link in my sig, you should be able to find the answer there :smile:

By the way, how difficult is it to find a place to take exams as a private candidate? I've phoned some around where I live already but no one is being very helpful, perhaps I need to look further afield.
BeesKnees
By the way, how difficult is it to find a place to take exams as a private candidate? I've phoned some around where I live already but no one is being very helpful, perhaps I need to look further afield.
It really depends on the schools/colleges in your area. If you can't find one, I guess you'd have to look further.
Reply 9
No worries :p:. I found a place in London anyway but was just trying to find somewhere closer by, plus I think that place costs a bomb! Looks like I don't have much choice though... meh.
Janice
Would any of your local schools let you sit the exam if they're doing the same exam board as you? And I agree with Mustard-man about the private exams being expensive. :frown:
It's not really a matter of if they are doing the same exam board (I sat at a (girls' :hubba:) school where I was the only one doing OCR Maths). It's simply whether they can allow private candidate sittings or not (I think centres have to be registered for it).

Oops, must have been my deleted post. Yeah, centres in general will charge private candidates more. The cheapest I've had is £25 and the most expensive was £75 (within deadlines) :|
Janice
Yeah they have to let you do private exams aswell. Haha, I did exams in London where I was also the only one sitting them. I love those exams as there's no one else in the room to distract you! The exam centre I went to had really comfy seats which was a nice change to the hard plastic chairs at my (former) sixth form college. :redface: :biggrin:
lol :p: Most of mine have just been standard plastic chairs :frown: Although Campbell Harris (mentioned earlier on) did have a few cushiony chairs (one of which I hogged :biggrin:)
Janice
:eek: how did you manage to get away with that? :p:
I snatched it :biggrin: Well, the exam room had plastic chairs and a few cushion ones, I just sat on a cushion one before anyone could take it.
Janice
Oh. I misunderstood, I thought you meant that you took it home with you! :p::redface:
lol, nooo :p: :ninja:
Reply 14
Mustard-man

Link? Sig?

Latest