Turn on thread page Beta

meant to be doing homework...AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored and meant to be doing homework due tomorrow but I can't be bothered, so AMA
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    if ur bored then why dont u do homework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    if ur bored then why dont u do homework?
    not quite bored enough. It's an essay for sociology and a really boring topic
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    What's your opinion on the Stamp Act of 1765? Extra marks for making references to the American Revolution.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by epage)
    I'm bored and meant to be doing homework due tomorrow but I can't be bothered, so AMA
    What is your attitude to homeworks in general? do you think they are a good method to get a better understanding or to improve the skills or are they a waste of time, especially there are students who have no problems with the current the teaching material in school? In other words: does it makes sense for you or is it senseless? If you want to give a reply, don't forget to reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What's your opinion on the Stamp Act of 1765? Extra marks for making references to the American Revolution.
    I think that, although it was only in use for under year, it was an important part of British history. The act was obviously very unpopular among the colonies, as well as British manufacturers and merchants, whose exports were threatened by boycotts. I think that the episode that followed the assent of the act played a major role in defining the grievances that were clearly stated in declaration of independence and that it enabled the organised colonial resistance that led to the american revolution in 1775.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    What is your attitude to homeworks in general? do you think they are a good method to get a better understanding or to improve the skills or are they a waste of time, especially there are students who have no problems with the current the teaching material in school? In other words: does it makes sense for you or is it senseless? If you want to give a reply, don't forget to reason.
    I think for much younger children, below say, GCSE age, they can be extra and unnecessary pressure and we should relieve some of that by limiting the amount of homework that children under the age of 13/14 get. At GCSE and a-level, they can be essential in expanding knowledge outside of the classroom, testing skills that may not be put into practice in taught lessons. If homework is not limited for under GCSE level children, punishments should be a lot more lenient rather than giving out detentions and making kids terrified if they forget homework.

In primary school children, homework should be no more than one piece a week, if that, kids that age need to enjoy being a child rather than having to go home and do more work.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by epage)
    I think for much younger children, below say, GCSE age, they can be extra and unnecessary pressure and we should relieve some of that by limiting the amount of homework that children under the age of 13/14 get. At GCSE and a-level, they can be essential in expanding knowledge outside of the classroom, testing skills that may not be put into practice in taught lessons. If homework is not limited for under GCSE level children, punishments should be a lot more lenient rather than giving out detentions and making kids terrified if they forget homework.

In primary school children, homework should be no more than one piece a week, if that, kids that age need to enjoy being a child rather than having to go home and do more work.
    Another question: do you think that homeworks should be free in a certain degree? say for being an extra excercise for students who have problems with understanding or got a picture for the teaching (calculations in physics and mathematics for instance)?

ReputationRep:
    Another question: do you think that homeworks should be free in a certain degree? say for being an extra excercise for students who have problems with understanding or got a picture for the teaching (calculations in physics and mathematics for instance)?
    sorry I'm confused?? are you asking whether students who have trouble understanding work should be set more homework?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by epage)
    sorry I'm confused?? are you asking whether students who have trouble understanding work should be set more homework?
    Not exactly. I wonder whether it makes sense for students to make (the given) homeworks, if they have no problems to cope with them. In other words: should it be allowed for students not to do homeworks, if it is obviously they are good enough to skip them? just to save time? to reduce the stress andthe pressure?

ReputationRep:
    i am supposed to be handing my biology assignment in tomorrow and ive done half but TSR is making me procrastinate too much.

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly. I wonder whether it makes sense for students to make (the given) homeworks, if they have no problems to cope with them. In other words: should it be allowed for students not to do homeworks, if it is obviously they are good enough to skip them? just to save time? to reduce the stress andthe pressure?
    ah okay that makes more sense - perhaps, but thats a risky business as some children may skip the homework even if they don't understand it, or if some students are allowed to skip it and others not, that would make the class a bit unequal and potentially cause divisions.
    I think it makes more sense if students are not given homework at all unless absolutely essential. Like if you give students homework to finish of work they started in class, thats definitely not absolutely essential and doesn't really benefit their in-class learning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    i am supposed to be handing my biology assignment in tomorrow and ive done half but TSR is making me procrastinate too much.
    same haha - every sunday night I'm sat at my desk trying to complete homework I probably should have done already :couchpotato:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    same haha - every sunday night I'm sat at my desk trying to complete homework I probably should have done already :couchpotato:
    looool the only difference, I'm doing my assignments everyday, college is killing meh, late nights and early mornings
    typical sleep: 1am - 6am some days i go to bed at 2 am or 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    looool the only difference, I'm doing my assignments everyday, college is killing meh, late nights and early mornings
    typical sleep: 1am - 6am some days i go to bed at 2 am or 3
    whaaatt!? thats crazy - I've just started 6th form and although I get a lot of work, usually I give up after about half 11, or 12, and just don't hand it in. sleeping 1am-6am is wayyy to little, how do you survive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    whaaatt!? thats crazy - I've just started 6th form and although I get a lot of work, usually I give up after about half 11, or 12, and just don't hand it in. sleeping 1am-6am is wayyy to little, how do you survive?
    just gotta keep on going cuz i know it will be worth it in the end
    lol
    I have to hand it in
    lol my sleeping routine is absolutely sh**

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.