The Student Room Group

New AQA Geography A-Level

I have noticed that there is hardly anything on the new geography AQA A-level course for 2016 on wards. I would like to make this the official thread.
Please share your notes, questions and anything below.
Oh, I do Geography. Second year in A-levels! Lovely dovely! Who doesn't love learning a little about planet earth?!?!

Favourite topic?
Reply 2
Original post by MissVampire
Oh, I do Geography. Second year in A-levels! Lovely dovely! Who doesn't love learning a little about planet earth?!?!

Favourite topic?

I have only started AS Geography so have only learnt about the Water and Carbon Cycles so far but I like the hazards topic because it links both physical and human geography. You?
Original post by Jodiexx
I have only started AS Geography so have only learnt about the Water and Carbon Cycles so far but I like the hazards topic because it links both physical and human geography. You?

Well I've done:
Water on Land (Rivers)
Coasts
Energy
Population

And I'd say I enjoyed Population to be fair. In my second year I am only doing Tectonics, Weather and World Cities and so far we've only done World Ctities. But the person I am, I've gone way ahead and I'll say I'm not looking forward to Weather.
Reply 4
X

What topics do you do in World Cities? I've finished that for A2 in the old spec so it would be interesting to see if they changed anything. :holmes:
Original post by aamirac
What topics do you do in World Cities? I've finished that for A2 in the old spec so it would be interesting to see if they changed anything. :holmes:

Okay you'll have to give me a second...Hmmm.

Sub/counter urbainsation
Out of Town retailing
Property Led Development
Town Regeneration
Waste and Transport management
Gentrification
Partnership schemes

I think that's it. But that's what we've learnt.
Reply 6
Okay you'll have to give me a second...Hmmm.

Sub/counter urbainsation
Out of Town retailing
Property Led Development
Town Regeneration
Waste and Transport management
Gentrification
Partnership schemes

I think that's it. But that's what we've learnt.

:five:
It's basically the same! If any of you in the thread have a questions on this topic feel free to ask me! :colondollar:
A blog with notes I did for my geography A2 (Tectonics, globalisation and development, ecosystems and skills) don't know how useful it is with the spec change but might be of help? http://a2aqageography.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

Quick Reply

Latest