Any advice on answers to the questions:

'Why choose law as a career?'; and

'Why do you want to be a solicitor and not a barrister?'
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nobody else can really answer those for you..
lawstudent17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Exactly. You really need to decide this for yourself. Reproducing someone else's answer isn't going to help you because you won't be able to back it up with experiences and interests etc.

Think about what skills you think a successful solicitor requires and why you are interested in using them in a career as a solicitor. Think about relevant work experience placements you have done and why you are attracted to working in similar or disimilar environment.

The more you personalise your answer the better you will come across and the more successful you will be. Just need to think about it for a while.
emmings
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Re the second question, have you done a mini-pupillage at all? I did one and therefore could confidently say I didn't want to be a barrister because I didn't like the environment etc. Even if you haven't, think about the differences between each (in terms of the environment you work in etc) and why you prefer the solicitor side.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (461)
46.75%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (302)
30.63%
I don't have an opinion (223)
22.62%

Watched Threads