The Student Room Group

Motivating myself to get A*AA (or more)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Pretty much the same, only did some work for tests I had last week. Also nervous about the email Oxford will probably send out this week. I feel like I should be doing a lot more.
Well done on your grades so far, they're amazing! Don't worry too much about getting the interview - I'm certain that you'll get one :smile:

Your history coursework sounds so much more interesting than mine! Mine's on whether or not General Haig was a competent military commander. I've got my plan done and 2000 words of my draft (which I need to edit as I need to split paragraphs/cut out some waffle). I kinda went full on with it about a month ago, so I can have this time before my interview to concentrate on maths lol.

I'm on Edexcel History too, but my topics are 20th century Democracies in Change: Britain (paper 1) and America (paper 2). Then paper 3 is about the experience of British Warfare, 1790-1918. Sources questions always bring my grade down - how do you tackle them? I haven't changed from GCSE: my paper 1 got full UMS and then paper 2 was borderline B (so relieved I just scraped the A*!)

And be sure not to overwork yourself...I had a burnout a little while ago too, and I went to have a bath to 'relax' but ended up collapsing when I got out and then fainting about 10 mins later (though mainly due to the steam in the bathroom, me being stressy triggered it haha). Stay healthy and calm - you've got this! Can't wait to read about your progress in the future :smile:
Original post by Quido
Pretty much the same, only did some work for tests I had last week. Also nervous about the email Oxford will probably send out this week. I feel like I should be doing a lot more.

I'm so glad it's not just me! Cambridge is consuming my thoughts

Hopefully I'll get back revising soon
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
I'm so glad it's not just me! Cambridge is consuming my thoughts

Hopefully I'll get back revising soon

Same :rofl: got in trouble with a teacher today for not turning in work :tongue: sent me an angry email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren-x-
Well done on your grades so far, they're amazing! Don't worry too much about getting the interview - I'm certain that you'll get one :smile:

Your history coursework sounds so much more interesting than mine! Mine's on whether or not General Haig was a competent military commander. I've got my plan done and 2000 words of my draft (which I need to edit as I need to split paragraphs/cut out some waffle). I kinda went full on with it about a month ago, so I can have this time before my interview to concentrate on maths lol.

I'm on Edexcel History too, but my topics are 20th century Democracies in Change: Britain (paper 1) and America (paper 2). Then paper 3 is about the experience of British Warfare, 1790-1918. Sources questions always bring my grade down - how do you tackle them? I haven't changed from GCSE: my paper 1 got full UMS and then paper 2 was borderline B (so relieved I just scraped the A*!)

And be sure not to overwork yourself...I had a burnout a little while ago too, and I went to have a bath to 'relax' but ended up collapsing when I got out and then fainting about 10 mins later (though mainly due to the steam in the bathroom, me being stressy triggered it haha). Stay healthy and calm - you've got this! Can't wait to read about your progress in the future :smile:

this is so nice, thank you! I'm really not enjoying my history coursework tbh, and it's impressive that you've already written that much!! and English will pretty much be my life for the next 2 weeks before my interview

Sadly I'm not great at sources either so I can't offer much help! I mainly just make sure to include why a source might be biased and how this makes it less reliable etc, and how my own knowledge supports it

I had a similar burnout a few weeks ago, it was horrible! I basically locked myself in my room one day and spoke to no one

Good luck with your interview and exams!! ❤️
Original post by wolfmoon88
Same :rofl: got in trouble with a teacher today for not turning in work :tongue: sent me an angry email

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh no, that's not good :frown: but i've left all my homework till the last minute 😭
Update: I got an interview for Cambridge! I'm unbelievably nervous and excited but so happy to get one
oh no, that's not good :frown: but i've left all my homework till the last minute 😭

:rofl: :tongue: yeah, not to bothered though

Posted from TSR Mobile
this is so nice, thank you! I'm really not enjoying my history coursework tbh, and it's impressive that you've already written that much!! and English will pretty much be my life for the next 2 weeks before my interview

Sadly I'm not great at sources either so I can't offer much help! I mainly just make sure to include why a source might be biased and how this makes it less reliable etc, and how my own knowledge supports it

I had a similar burnout a few weeks ago, it was horrible! I basically locked myself in my room one day and spoke to no one

Good luck with your interview and exams!! ❤️

I went from not including enough about the source, to mentioning the source too much and not adding enough knowledge! I need to find the balance haha.

Good luck with your interview, too! And for the exams :smile:
Reply 69
Update: I got an interview for Cambridge! I'm unbelievably nervous and excited but so happy to get one

Congratulations! Good luck with your interview, hope you get an offer!
Thank you so much! But sadly I'm on Edexcel for English, what books are you doing? And I assume you do the same year 1 stuff for psychology? How are you finding it? I can PM you about how we've been taught to do evaluation, I only found out since having a new teacher and I can send you some examples

Again thank you so much and good luck 😊😊

I'm in year 12 and could really do with the evaluations for the 12 mark questions in psychology! Do you mind if you send it to me too?

Also, (a bit late now) but good luck :smile:
Original post by *Noodles*
I'm in year 12 and could really do with the evaluations for the 12 mark questions in psychology! Do you mind if you send it to me too?

Also, (a bit late now) but good luck :smile:

Yes of course, I'll PM them now 😊 and thank you!
Original post by Quido
Congratulations! Good luck with your interview, hope you get an offer!

Thank you so much! 😊
Original post by Lauren-x-
I went from not including enough about the source, to mentioning the source too much and not adding enough knowledge! I need to find the balance haha.

Good luck with your interview, too! And for the exams :smile:

Thank you so so much! I'm sure your coursework will be fantastic in the end ❤️

O M G!!!! CONGATS GIRLLL!!!! I have been reading your threads every week as they seriously motivate me to do as well as you! I am so proud and I hope your interview goes well! congatssssss xx :smile:

I don't know how I didn't see this before but congrats on the interview invite and good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by charlott3
O M G!!!! CONGATS GIRLLL!!!! I have been reading your threads every week as they seriously motivate me to do as well as you! I am so proud and I hope your interview goes well! congatssssss xx :smile:

Oh my gosh this is so sweet thank you so much! And I'm glad this thread his helping motivate you too!! Good luck with everything ❤️❤️
Original post by Shaaayxp
I don't know how I didn't see this before but congrats on the interview invite and good luck! :biggrin:

omg thank you so so much! that's so kind 💕
Hey, you have a blog too! Best of luck Charlie!! :biggrin:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Hey, you have a blog too! Best of luck Charlie!! :biggrin:

I do indeed! You too sunshine 😊❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending