The Student Room Group

Does Univeristy of Bristol allow transfer from BEng to MEng Aerospace Engineering?

I'm applying fro 2017 entry. I'm not sure if a want to do BEng or Meng yet. Does Univeristy of Bristol allow transfer from BEng to MEng Aerospace Engineering? I can't find this information on the uni website.
Original post by sunshiine
I'm applying fro 2017 entry. I'm not sure if a want to do BEng or Meng yet. Does Univeristy of Bristol allow transfer from BEng to MEng Aerospace Engineering? I can't find this information on the uni website.

It's best to contact them directly, but I'd be surprised if they didn't.
What Smack said, It's extremely likely they'd allow transfers, you would just need to meet a certain mark requirement, probably a 2:1.
Reply 3

Yes you can.

It's marginally a better idea to apply for the MEng and then drop to BEng later. Slightly easier for funding purposes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
Yes you can.

It's marginally a better idea to apply for the MEng and then drop to BEng later. Slightly easier for funding purposes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am only planning to initially apply for the BEng because I feel that it might be easier to get onto the BEng with slightly lower A level grades than the MEng. However University of Bristol webiste shows the same entry requirements for both BEng and MEng. What should I do? Also what are the problems with funding if I switch from BEng to MEng during the second years of my degree?
Reply 5
I am only planning to initially apply for the BEng because I feel that it might be easier to get onto the BEng with slightly lower A level grades than the MEng. However University of Bristol webiste shows the same entry requirements for both BEng and MEng. What should I do? Also what are the problems with funding if I switch from BEng to MEng during the second years of my degree?

If the MEng has the same requirements then simply apply for that. Yes sometimes the BEng will have lower requirements but you are likely to be offered it if you missed the MEng requirement but acheive the BEng.

There' no funding "problem" it's just a bit easier to ask for the maximum at the outset and then reduce it later, than ask for the minumum and have to go back ask for more. :smile: (It's not a huge issue, more a psychological thing :smile: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending