The Student Room Group

Not enjoying university

You see a lot of threads like this but I think my situation is a bit different.

So I've been here since 17th September but it feels like a lifetime ago. Me and my GF broke up just before uni and maybe that's what has messed my head up and it's been tough.

I've thrown myself into a lot though. I play football on Wednesday's and train on Monday's. We have a nightout either Wednesday/Thursday as well and because I'm only 30 mins away from home I generally go home on weekends which is good for me I think.

Maybe it's just the fact that I'm not the most outgoing of people but even when I'm out I feel like I'm acting a bit and wish I was at home. I'm in a flat with 12 people and there's are only two other guys in there who are different to me. I feel like every time i walk downstairs there are 5/6/7 girls talking and watching rubbish on the TV. I just want someone to talk about sport to or something. I'm out most nights doing activities and things like that's so it's not as though I've not thrown myself into things.

Anyway yeah, we had half term last week so everyone went home but tomorrow it all starts against and I feel really miserable about it. Any advice or anything friendly would be great.

Thanks all.
Reply 1
You've only been at university for a short time so don't get too caught up with the fact you haven't found many people that you click with.. because it will happen eventually.

Just be yourself and it'll happen, to that end it's better not to go out rather than "act" to try and meet people and have a good time because you won't truly be acting like yourself, unfortunately university culture seems to place a great deal of pressure on people to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest