Turn on thread page Beta

Do you miss Secondary School? watch

ReputationRep:
    if you don't why, if you do why?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    yeah, but no.
    sixth form is the same as secondary school for me but what's different is that secondary school is what it is. sixth form is secondary school in disguise which makes you think it's different, better... and it's not. it's deceitful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No, not at all, I couldn't wait to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    I miss how easy it was to get good marks; not the social side of it

ReputationRep:
    I actually look forward to leaving. Maths is not as I expected, it just too boring, and English is even worse. Only subject I enjoy this year is Physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    I miss getting the A*s. It was actually be easy back then. I also miss some of my teachers.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    I miss seeing my friends everyday, the jokes you'd have in lessons, messing around at break and lunch...

Spoiler:
    Show

You couldn't pay me to go back though lol

ReputationRep:
    At times I find myself randomly REALLY missing year 11, however this could just be me looking at it through rose-tinted specs. I miss how motivated I was back then, and how getting Bs, As and A*s at GCSE was no effort whatsoever for me. Therefore I felt very useful as I could clearly see I was good at something, however nowadays the waters are murkier in that I don't really get to express my strengths because I just work in a retail job in my gap year to save up money and think about career prospects. I often feel a bit useless and bored, and as though I am good at nothing and as though I am praised on my looks and nothing else. I feel as though I was more innocent back in year 11 too.

Year 7-10 weren't that good, not terrible but I certainly wouldn't go back to being that age apart from the odd time when I kind of miss the classroom environment - the fact that I was in the top set and all the banter that went on and the fact that the class sometimes ganged up against the substitute teacher.

I hated sixth form with the heat of a thousand suns

Yeah I rambled but this is the only chance that I get to say these things

ReputationRep:
    Oh god no.

Okay I miss the shorter days. I don't like the longer days I do now. But other than that? Nope. I do not miss it.

ReputationRep:
    Happier that I go to a different sixth form from my previous secondary school but sort of miss it.

Hated secondary because:
    1) terrible teaching
    2) worst school in the borough
    3) filled with chavs
    4) if you didn't have sex when you were in yr 7 you're a 'wasteman'
    5) people smoking weed in the school
    6) police incidents
    7) bullying happened literally every 5 minutes
    8) most friends were snakes
    9) reason why I hated my life lol

Loved it because:
    1) getting A*s were easy
    2) miss 2 weeks of school, you barely miss any content and can get back on top in like 2 days whereas college, you miss a day and it's like you missed the whole textbook and takes ages to get back
    3) new sixth form uniform is annoying and makes me sweat even on cold days😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    God no, hated secondary school. was picked on a bit, had horribly miserable teachers. also just hated who i was around then

what i miss the most is uni. how I wish uni was free or cheap, i would have stayed there for several years

ReputationRep:
    no i do not i hated school

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Because I usually got good grades in exams and I got along well with my classmates then.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no, it was full of chavs, overly religious people and ratchet bit*ches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofswords)
    Hell no, it was full of chavs, overly religious people and ratchet bit*ches.
    Yeah I agree with you on the overly religious part: Me and lots of others were given a full weeks detention by our head of year because we dogged a Friday mass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I miss how easy it was to get good marks; not the social side of it
    I didn't have good marks or a good social life....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Yeah I agree with you on the overly religious part: Me and lots of others were given a full weeks detention by our head of year because we dogged a Friday mass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I attended a Christian primary school, that wasn't too bad.

My secondary school was secular...but there were many conservative, religious, Muslim students which (as a liberal, secular Muslim) troubled me.

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't thnk I'll ever miss it, I might get a bit of Nostalgia but thats it basically because of what you guys said filled with chavs and the school loves shoving religion in your face.

ReputationRep:
    I do because of the banter that I had with my friends ever since I have come to sixth form it's like they have all become busy.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.