Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 2a*s, 7as, b, and c in my GCSE's. I am hoping to get A's in all of my AS grades. I really don't know if my GCSE grades are good enough!? Also, any A-level study tips would be appreciated!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by hi-its-me)
    I got 2a*s, 7as, b, and c in my GCSE's. I am hoping to get A's in all of my AS grades. I really don't know if my GCSE grades are good enough!? Also, any A-level study tips would be appreciated!
    What Universities are you considering? Some place a greater emphasis on GCSEs than others.

I'd suggest taking a look at our wiki here and then looking at the GCSE requirements of the schools that you have an eye on. You can always give them an email for reassurance but it will likely be your predictions and performance in the admissions test and interview that matters the most. GCSE grades are a method to trim the list and having 9A-A*s will have ticked the boxes of many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hi-its-me)
    It depends what you got the C and B in. If they are Maths/English then you'll find it hard to get as most require A/B in those core subjects, also the sciences.

If you got great predictions and a really high UKCAT/BMAT then you can apply to uni's which don't score your GCSE's at all and you'd likely get an interview, so GCSE's aren't the most important factor.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.