Maariyah826
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello. So recently I've been struggling a lot with chemistry. I need someone who will be able to help me with the maths side of things. I don't understand a lot of it, and I know my grade will be impacted hugely if I don't get help quickly!

Just message on here if you will be able to help me long term. As in not just the one off, because I know it will take me a while to get comfortable with the subject.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maariyah826)
Hello. So recently I've been struggling a lot with chemistry. I need someone who will be able to help me with the maths side of things. I don't understand a lot of it, and I know my grade will be impacted hugely if I don't get help quickly!

Just message on here if you will be able to help me long term. As in not just the one off, because I know it will take me a while to get comfortable with the subject.
If you're struggling with the maths now, it might be best to drop it...
Maariyah826
Rep:
?
(Original post by AshEntropy)
If you're struggling with the maths now, it might be best to drop it...
I understand part of it and I know for sure I will get the hang of it since I even take maths for A level. I just need some support really to get the hang of it. I'd prefer not to drop the lesson unless I know I have no chance!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I understand part of it and I know for sure I will get the hang of it since I even take maths for A level. I just need some support really to get the hang of it. I'd prefer not to drop the lesson unless I know I have no chance!
The maths in A Level Chemistry gets extremely intense the further into it you go.. but since you do A Level Maths, I imagine if you do well in that then you can definitely do A Level Chemistry's maths.

AS Chemistry maths shouldn't be too bad for you, as soon as you understand the concept behind the maths
Maariyah826
Rep:
?
(Original post by AshEntropy)
The maths in A Level Chemistry gets extremely intense the further into it you go.. but since you do A Level Maths, I imagine if you do well in that then you can definitely do A Level Chemistry's maths.

AS Chemistry maths shouldn't be too bad for you, as soon as you understand the concept behind the maths
I do well in maths but i think chemistry is a little harder for me because the teacher always ignores me because she is a ****. lol once i get the main concept behind that lesson, I should do well. 😂
tasha_herts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do well in maths but i think chemistry is a little harder for me because the teacher always ignores me because she is a ****. lol once i get the main concept behind that lesson, I should do well. 😂
I would suggest getting this book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculation.../dp/0748758399

Covers chemistry a level calculations with detailed explanations and loads of examples
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I think people will be happy to help you out with questions you're struggling on if you post them on the correct thread, but I don't think anyone's going to act as an unpaid personal tutor to you, I'm afraid.
The Tutor Pages
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

H Maariyah,

If you're looking for a Chemistry tutor, we have a large number on our site. You can search for one in your area (or for online lessons) and contact them directly:

http://www.thetutorpages.com/a-level-chemistry-tutors

You may also find our Chemistry articles helpful, such as:

http://www.thetutorpages.com/tutor-a...chemistry/2384

http://www.thetutorpages.com/tutor-a...chemistry/2576

Good luck!

Emma
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads