The Student Room Group

Anyone studying A2-level Edexcel Biology A Salters Nuffield??

Just want to build a community of those studying this course so we can all help each other :smile:

NOTE: This thread is for the new linear A-level Edexcel Biology A (Salters Nuffield) spec that was introduced in (2015).

Edexcel A-level Biology exam dates:
- Paper 1: 12th June 2017 (afternoon)
- Paper 2: 20th June 2017 (morning)
- Paper 3: 26th June 2017 - (dependent on subject clashes)
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am!!!!
Original post by ellie1509
I am!!!!

OMG yayyyy. Didn't realise anyone actually commented on this post!! Can we keep in touch over the year?
Yeah of course!! It's quite an odd course so not many people do it, but I love it!!!
Original post by ellie1509
Yeah of course!! It's quite an odd course so not many people do it, but I love it!!!

Yeah, I'm self-taught so don't really know anyone doing this course which makes me feel rather isolated at times :frown:

I wish I had a teacher to help me with exam technique etc but it seems there is also a shortage of tutors who teach the new Edexcel Syllabus!!

Do you have any revision tips/techniques I could possibly incorporate into my studies?
Original post by Philip-flop
Yeah, I'm self-taught so don't really know anyone doing this course which makes me feel rather isolated at times :frown:

I wish I had a teacher to help me with exam technique etc but it seems there is also a shortage of tutors who teach the new Edexcel Syllabus!!

Do you have any revision tips/techniques I could possibly incorporate into my studies?

Hiya, I'm doing AS of this course, but I've taken the scribble technique from this books called How to Ace Your A Levels and the author who used it got As in all his subjects after failing his a levels initially. It has worked very well with other people as well.
Scribble technique:
1. Read 1 side of your textbook/notes
2. Cover it up and with a piece of paper scribble down all you can remember from that page you read.
3. Check if you've missed anything and if you have, write it but with a different colour so you can clearly see what you missed and makes you remember it better.
4. Repeat until finished module etc.

I've used this technique for little tests and I've achieved relatively high marks so you can try it out if you like :smile:
Original post by GCSE 2k16
Hiya, I'm doing AS of this course, but I've taken the scribble technique from this books called How to Ace Your A Levels and the author who used it got As in all his subjects after failing his a levels initially. It has worked very well with other people as well.
Scribble technique:
1. Read 1 side of your textbook/notes
2. Cover it up and with a piece of paper scribble down all you can remember from that page you read.
3. Check if you've missed anything and if you have, write it but with a different colour so you can clearly see what you missed and makes you remember it better.
4. Repeat until finished module etc.

I've used this technique for little tests and I've achieved relatively high marks so you can try it out if you like :smile:

Thank you so much!! I will definitely try this!! :smile: Sounds very time consuming though :frown:
Reply 7
Helloooooooo! God, I finally found someone who takes A2 edexcel!! It would be great if we kept in touch! What units are you taking this year?
Original post by nohaha
Helloooooooo! God, I finally found someone who takes A2 edexcel!! It would be great if we kept in touch! What units are you taking this year?

What units am I doing? I thought you had to do all 3 papers for the new A2 spec?

Yes, I'd love to keep in touch!! :smile:
Reply 9
Really! I am just doing unit 5 and 6 this session. Already done with unit 4. I am doing the IAL paper, with the same qualifications but different question papers from the salters Nuffield.
Reply 10
I am
I'm doing this course! I find the mathematics section quite tricky, or is it just me?
Anyone feel like their head is going to explode? So much to learn/remember!!! :frown:
doing AS.
Do they have specimen papers available?
i do this spec at A2
Original post by telepathicturtle
i do this spec at A2

I have a mock for it on Wednesday, does anyone else for is this just my college?
i do this spec at A2

Me too! How are you finding all the content? And where are you up to? Are you an international student or studying in the U.K.?
Original post by Philip-flop
Me too! How are you finding all the content? And where are you up to? Are you an international student or studying in the U.K.?

Yes, I'm UK. We're about half way through the Grey Matter chapter so far - which is one of the most interesting so far! What about you?

Original post by ilovefruit
I have a mock for it on Wednesday, does anyone else for is this just my college?

No, I don't have a mock.
Yes, I'm UK. We're about half way through the Grey Matter chapter so far - which is one of the most interesting so far! What about you?

Awesome! I'm self-taught but am only a quarter way through the Grey Matter chapter/topic!

I was wondering if you could help me out, has your teacher told you much about the assessment of paper 3? I'm so nervous about this paper as I don't even know what to expect! I know nothing about it as I don't have a teacher 😔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending