Best mate didn't invite me out Watch

2scotty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My best mate didn't invite me out today, instead he went shopping with someone else... only one other person.

He knew I was home today but didn't invite me. I'm now worrying i'm boring or something or not as good as his other friend.

I get anxiety... is it just me excessively worrying too much? Or should he have invited me?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, I think you are overthinking it. He has other friends and he is allowed to spend time with them too.
Kocytean
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No hard feelings, but you sound hella clingy. And uh, if you're that dependant on him, uh, you're not gonna deal well with any serious rejection from friends one day. You might wanna work on that. Nothing to worry about though, it's like, not odd that he's going out with someone else.
2scotty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
No, I think you are overthinking it. He has other friends and he is allowed to spend time with them too.
(Original post by dragonzrmetal)
No hard feelings, but you sound hella clingy. And uh, if you're that dependant on him, uh, you're not gonna deal well with any serious rejection from friends one day. You might wanna work on that. Nothing to worry about though, it's like, not odd that he's going out with someone else.
Sorry I don't mean to sound clingy... I think it's just that I worry i'm boring and I don't want people to leave me out. So many people in my life have "moved on" due to Uni and everything and I just don't want that to happen again. I mean like he can go out with others, I'm fine with that. I just don't want to be left out
Allie4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your friend is allowed to have other friends
Drez999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We all have expectations of our friends that may or may not be met.
That aside...
...from the little you have said I think you may be a very caring and sensitive human being - if that is true then good on you.
Maybe when you are not spending time with your friend you could spend time with other friends you have now or strive to make some new ones?
I do know it is tough sometimes to make new friends but I do wish you well matey.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's not that deep. Your anxiety is making you think of stupid things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (159)
13.29%
Excited (106)
8.86%
Worried (218)
18.23%
Terrified (280)
23.41%
Meh (96)
8.03%
Confused (32)
2.68%