Uni offer much higher than predicted grades?

Watch
acblackburn1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I sent off my application to study Mech Eng at uni a few days ago. A couple of days later, Warwick made me an offer. The problem is that I'm predicted ABC with and A in my Extended Project and after contacting Warwick a couple of months ago about whether or not it would be worth applying, They told me that it would be worth doing and I would be considered.

They have made me an offer of AAB which is 3 grades higher than my prediction! I'm a bit confused as to why they have done this, am I likely to be accepted without AAB or have I just wasted a choice?

Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by acblackburn1)
I sent off my application to study Mech Eng at uni a few days ago. A couple of days later, Warwick made me an offer. The problem is that I'm predicted ABC with and A in my Extended Project and after contacting Warwick a couple of months ago about whether or not it would be worth applying, They told me that it would be worth doing and I would be considered.

They have made me an offer of AAB which is 3 grades higher than my prediction! I'm a bit confused as to why they have done this, am I likely to be accepted without AAB or have I just wasted a choice?

Thanks
Universities will happily make aspirational offers because they know many applicants will outperform their predictions.

Warwick's standard offer is AAB so that's the offer they've made - it's up to you to decide whether you think you can meet that offer or whether you think there's a chance Warwick would accept you with lower grades (it's not unknown but there's no guarantees) and if you'd be happy putting an aspirational offer as your firm choice and something more comfortable as an insurance option that you'd be happy with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (310)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads