Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We all know the feeling. It's awful coming to a new place, not knowing anyone and then seeing everyone else has made groups seemingly on the first night that are still going 5 weeks later. I've seen a few different things saying that people are feeling lonely or don't have any friends so I thought I'd just make this thread for any of you so we can chat and stuff!
    (Hopefully you won't feel too bad then )

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    psh. no. i have so many friends at lse. too many, if anything. i'm drowning in friendship.

would u like to be friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhbergine)
    psh. no. i have so many friends at lse. too many, if anything. i'm drowning in friendship.

would u like to be friends.
    This made me laugh much needed in my essay break!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I don't have a single friend. Im going into final year, this is my last chance. I've been wondering the coridors alone the past year and eating alone. I'm not socially inept or anything I just don't know what's going wrong, but I remain optimistic I will be happy in final year. Where and how the hell do I make friends though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serene1)
    Yes. I don't have a single friend. Im going into final year, this is my last chance. I've been wondering the coridors alone the past year and eating alone. I'm not socially inept or anything I just don't know what's going wrong, but I remain optimistic I will be happy in final year. Where and how the hell do I make friends though?
    I wouldn't blame yourself. The structure of LSE isn't exactly conducive to making friends. Which is a shame really given how there are so many great people here. I know it's said quite often but societies are definitely the easiest and quickest way of making good friends. I know a lot of the sports/national/religious societies are quite large and put on lots of events. Many of the people that attend aren't interested in the sports/members of the nationality or religion; they just go to make friends. Hope it picks up for you and you enjoy your final year!

ReputationRep:
    I just moved here and am looking to make friends! If this thread is still active, reply haha
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Please just focus on your studies. Your degree is more important than friendships and whilst it is difficult to find friends at this institution and many others like UCL you need to realise it isn't a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Some people may acquire perfect grades whilst making friends. Not everyone needs to spend every hour of the day studying. A balance between social and work life is crucial for the average person.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 9, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.