Turn on thread page Beta

describe how a website like facebook could fail?? watch

ReputationRep:
    facebook is such a popular social networking site. will it eventually fail and how???

ReputationRep:
    err maybe too much advertising will annoy enough users and increased competition from other networks like twitter

ReputationRep:
    cant differentiate themselves from other competitors. Tesco was seen to be too big to fail but its now losing soo much market share its unbelievable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    cant differentiate themselves from other competitors. Tesco was seen to be too big to fail but its now losing soo much market share its unbelievable

I don't think you can label it as a 'competition', it isn't like you are restricted to one particular social media site. Supermarkets are completely different, you either buy from one or another.

ReputationRep:
    myspace is one example. although you are not restricted to one social media site, your preference has changed. Also people have moved from Facebook to other social media sites like instagram and twitter
    (Original post by solC)
    I don't think you can label it as a 'competition', it isn't like you are restricted to one particular social media site. Supermarkets are completely different, you either buy from one or another.

ReputationRep:
    Too many adverts - I find I'm using Facebook less and less now and instead switching to Instagram and WeChat. Facebook is just for sending messages to those friends who don't have WeChat, or for finding out about events happening at university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    myspace is one example. although you are not restricted to one social media site, your preference has changed. Also people have moved from Facebook to other social media sites like instagram and twitter
    What do you mean by moved? I much prefer twitter as social media site, but I still use Facebook fairly often.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook more or less created modern social media (the likes of forums and online chats did exist prior) but I think Facebook has seen a big decline in its younger users. It's methods of communication such as online chats and wall posting are quite boring, with things like Snapchat, whatsapp (now owned by Facebook) on a never ending increase in popularity it's fair to say Facebook has had its day in certain areas, there is most certainly a decline in user activity. Every business dies out or declines, who would've imagined Nokia 10 years ago being this irrelevant?? Or blackberry 5 years ago? My point is people always want new and different ways to communicate, I think Facebook will always be there and you'll be able to find most people you know on it but the figures for inactivity will rise much more.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.