Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, this year I did my GCSE's and got my results in August this year. But, I didn't get the grades that i was hoping for because I chose to do A Level Biology, Chemistry and Maths at College but, the College didn't accept me onto those courses, and told me to pick different courses, and I picked A Level Fine Art, Photography and AS Turkish. My dream is to do Medicine and become a hospital doctor because in 2012, I had an operation and that was the day I wanted to be a doctor and save people's lives. Also, I thought maybe I want to be Dentist too because my cousin is a Dentist and she is my inspiration. I wanted to know, because I can't do A Level Biology, Chemistry and Maths, is there a different way to get into Medicine and Dentistry? I just want to know because I really want to know. Can you please help me?

ReputationRep:
    Its not too late ty]oo change your AS choices with a lot of hard work to catch up. Or if that;s not possible how about reataking your GCSEs and then studying science A levels the year after? Nurses save peoples lives too as do the cleaners on the wards. Look at all possibilities if you want to work in a hospital environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redhelen)
    Its not too late ty]oo change your AS choices with a lot of hard work to catch up. Or if that;s not possible how about reataking your GCSEs and then studying science A levels the year after? Nurses save peoples lives too as do the cleaners on the wards. Look at all possibilities if you want to work in a hospital environment.
    I was actually thinking of retaking my GCSE's, but some people said that there are different routes, I can take, if I want to study Medicine or Dentistry and I wanted to know what they are.

ReputationRep:
    You can still get in, if its dentistry your looking at theirs a list of entry requirements on http://www.applyingfordentalschool.c...irements-.html, if your results are low go for uni's that put more importance on UKCAT and work experience there also table on that website that talk about that too so give that a good luck too

ReputationRep:
    You can always go through access medicine once ur done with a levels or apply for a foundation year cuz there are 1 or 2 uni's that acc don't want u to do bio/chem at a level (but try and research this cuz i'm not 100% sure). It's a bit late to transfer on to science courses now but if ur willing to do a lot of individual studying and only if u think u can cope then go for it or try to transfer to another college that will allow u to take science for a levels if ur skl doesnt budge cuz there are some uni's that don't even take gcse's into account (again research this). Either way gd luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.