Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (or got bullied a lot) just askin i'll be honest i was one in the first 2 years but then i won sports day and had to run for the school and no one called me anymore :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    (or got bullied a lot) just askin i'll be honest i was one in the first 2 years but then i won sports day and had to run for the school and no one called me anymore :confused:
    I still am a geek, but it matters not to me, as I have friends who share the same interests.

ReputationRep:
    I was for the first year or so, for a variety of reasons, but soon changed my ways!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I was for the first year or so, for a variety of reasons, but soon changed my ways!

yeah in year 8 you were

then we blatantly changed you mate, started abusing teachers and ****

changed so much :cool:

ReputationRep:
    but soon changed my ways!
    Due to social pressures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Due to social pressures.
    Yep, anything wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    lol so u figured the only way out was to turn into a rebel

ReputationRep:
    still am i suppose :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, anything wrong with that?
    Not on your part, no.

ReputationRep:
    is there any such thing as adults being geeks

ReputationRep:
    course there is, computer technicians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    is there any such thing as adults being geeks
    Bill Gates, though he may be a nerd! :rolleyes:
    All the same to me!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you don't get many cool kids becoming rocket scientists either by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Not on your part, no.
    I dont really mind, it was for my own good really. I was a geek, and a loser when I first came to the school, and people arent subtle, and they tell you, and take the piss etc.

At the end of the day you make a choice, do you want to be liked by people, or not? I chose liked personally, and its made me a better person for it. I know exactly how I would of ended up if I hadnt of changed, and I dont like it

i was the opposite, from years 7 to 9 i was a little rebel, used to get in ****, teachers kept saying to me " don't waste it, don't waste it " and i went from a little rebel to jst a normal boy

ReputationRep:
    you're still a rebel, i seen you with your bad boy racer vauxhall nova

ReputationRep:
    i was a geek all through college though lol.
    honestly my report in the first year said

' she is very withdrawn in class and appears to have found the transition from high school to college difficult' this was coz im always quiet in class btw

this year it said ' she is a very quiet girl who does not contribute to class discussions'

wtf did this psychology lecturer think of me lol, im loud when im with friends

ReputationRep:
    I dont really mind, it was for my own good really. I was a geek, and a loser when I first came to the school, and people arent subtle, and they tell you, and take the piss etc.

At the end of the day you make a choice, do you want to be liked by people, or not? I chose liked personally, and its made me a better person for it. I know exactly how I would of ended up if I hadnt of changed, and I dont like it
    Yes I agree, it's completely understandable that you want to fit in and be part of the social group there, that's how life is!

Also, does your confidence a world of good as well, as you implied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i was a geek all through college though lol.
    honestly my report in the first year said

' she is very withdrawn in class and appears to have found the transition from high school to college difficult' this was coz im always quiet in class btw

this year it said ' she is a very quiet girl who does not contribute to class discussions'
    I always get in half the subjects "She participates actively and contributes much to class discussions" and in the other half "She is quiet in class and needs to participate more in discussions", I mean wtf?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    Not in High School, but I was (sort of) in the Sixth Form.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.