Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure what should I do with a potential problem I may have with dates. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this issue.

First of all, I still do not know whether I will be interviewed, but if that were the case, I suppose it would be in the first weeks of December.

I am an international student who is due to finish school in December and I have just been confirmed that my school graduation ceremony will be on December 2nd. I was wondering if there could be any clash with a potential interview.

If there were such a clash, would it be appropriate to ask for another interview date? Of course, if there were no other option, I would go to interview, but if possible it would be important for me to be at both events.

Besides, should I contact my college now to explain them this potential situation, even though I still do not know if I am going to be interviewed?

I would be extremely thankful if anyone could give me advise on this.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ST1024)
    I am not sure what should I do with a potential problem I may have with dates. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this issue.

First of all, I still do not know whether I will be interviewed, but if that were the case, I suppose it would be in the first weeks of December.

I am an international student who is due to finish school in December and I have just been confirmed that my school graduation ceremony will be on December 2nd. I was wondering if there could be any clash with a potential interview.

If there were such a clash, would it be appropriate to ask for another interview date? Of course, if there were no other option, I would go to interview, but if possible it would be important for me to be at both events.

Besides, should I contact my college now to explain them this potential situation, even though I still do not know if I am going to be interviewed?

I would be extremely thankful if anyone could give me advise on this.
    Some colleges have the likely dates for each course on their pages. But 2nd Dec is the last day of term so I'd be surprised if any interviews are actually scheduled for that day. I imagine most will start the following Monday.

E.g. http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/und...vew-dates.html

However, a Cambridge interview is, imho, more important than a school graduation.... One is closing a door, the other is opening one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.