What career comes to mind? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I've recently discovered a few things about what I like/dislike in the work place.

I need something I'm passionate about and that is centred around a good cause such as helping people or making the world a better place in some way - I find retail and all things to do with sales and money very hollow and depressing

I find looking after babies and toddlers really rewarding

I like being able to walk around/a change of scenery and hate the idea of being sat at an office all day long

I don't like really rigid, military-like routines and rules

I don't like multi-tasking or a loud and chaotic environment - I don't like customers or being told to do 10 things at once, and QUICKLY

I like the idea of being allowed to express myself and be more 'real' - I don't like the artificial retail environment where you need to be a robot basically and I don't want to feel like just 'a number in the system'

My feelings get hurt quite easily so I can't really deal with rude people such as customers

I hate analysing data and I want something 'hands-on' and practical where I can feel rewarded and see the results of my efforts

What career comes to mind based on this? I was considering being a social worker or play therapist, or even a nursery worker however nursery workers are so poorly paid it puts me off a bit
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I've recently discovered a few things about what I like/dislike in the work place.

I need something I'm passionate about and that is centred around a good cause such as helping people or making the world a better place in some way - I find retail and all things to do with sales and money very hollow and depressing

I find looking after babies and toddlers really rewarding

I like being able to walk around/a change of scenery and hate the idea of being sat at an office all day long

I don't like really rigid, military-like routines and rules

I don't like multi-tasking or a loud and chaotic environment - I don't like customers or being told to do 10 things at once, and QUICKLY

I like the idea of being allowed to express myself and be more 'real' - I don't like the artificial retail environment where you need to be a robot basically and I don't want to feel like just 'a number in the system'

My feelings get hurt quite easily so I can't really deal with rude people such as customers

I hate analysing data and I want something 'hands-on' and practical where I can feel rewarded and see the results of my efforts

What career comes to mind based on this? I was considering being a social worker or play therapist, or even a nursery worker however nursery workers are so poorly paid it puts me off a bit
Private tutoring? Can do it for younger kids.
azizadil1998
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Benefits!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.83%
Excited (144)
8.84%
Worried (295)
18.11%
Terrified (367)
22.53%
Meh (149)
9.15%
Confused (35)
2.15%