Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A bit about me!
    I'm a year 12 student studying Government and Politics, Spanish, History and English literature.

My GCSE grades
    A* - French, English literature, English Language, RE, History
    A - Spanish, DT, Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry

My A-level predictions (by the end of year 12)
    History- B
    English Literature - B
    Government and Politics - B
    Spanish - N/A (haven't received my target grade yet)

My A-level predictions (by the end of year 13)
    History- A
    English Literature - A
    Government and Politics - A

My aims/ goals for the future
    I'm hoping to do a Spanish and History combined course at university once I've finished my A-levels. At the moment, the universities I'm looking at are University of Manchester (AAB), University of Edinburgh (AAA) and University of Durham (AAA).

How I'm feeling about my A-levels at the moment...
    I am absolutely loving Spanish and English Literature but struggling to keep up with all of the content needed for Government and Pollitics and History - I really want to get good grades to get into the best university possible so I'm hoping that this will motivate me!!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Those GCSE grades are incredible! Good luck in your path to success! It's great that you've already planned out your unis and what you want to study. Stay focused and motivated and you'll get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Those GCSE grades are incredible! Good luck in your path to success! It's great that you've already planned out your unis and what you want to study. Stay focused and motivated and you'll get it
    Thank you!! Good luck to you as well in whatever you're doing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may5890)
    A bit about me!
    I'm a year 12 student studying Government and Politics, Spanish, History and English literature.

My GCSE grades
    A* - French, English literature, English Language, RE, History
    A - Spanish, DT, Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry

My A-level predictions (by the end of year 12)
    History- B
    English Literature - B
    Government and Politics - B

My A-level predictions (by the end of year 13)
    History- A
    English Literature - A
    Government and Politics - A

My aims/ goals for the future
    I'm hoping to do a Spanish and History combined course at university once I've finished my A-levels. At the moment, the universities I'm looking at are University of Manchester (AAB), University of Edinburgh (AAA) and University of Durham (AAA).

How I'm feeling about my A-levels at the moment...
    I am absolutely loving Spanish and English Literature but struggling to keep up with all of the content needed for Government and Pollitics and History - I really want to get good grades to get into the best university possible so I'm hoping that this will motivate me!!
    Best of luck!x I really hope you achieve those grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Best of luck!x I really hope you achieve those grades!
    Thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    08/11/2016 update
    AHHH...I'm feeling so behind with school work at the moment! I went to Malaga on a school trip with one of the two schools I go to during the last school term and I feel like I still haven't caught up with everything I missed! Also, during the half term I went away and pretty much left all of my work until one of the last few days except I didn't do all of the work I was meant to because I didn't write all of it down in my planner so I have literally only just caught up with that work and now I'm behind on other homework. I used to be such an organised person but I feel like the step up from GCSEs to A-levels has thrown me off of my game and now everything's going wrong... However, I've decided to make myself a revision/homework schedule for every day after school so that I can guarantee that all of my work is being done on time and I am keeping on top of revision - hopefully I will stick to it. Here is my schedule below:
    Monday:
    - Number of subjects per day x 1 hour slots for any homework to be done.
    - 30 minutes of grammar and speaking practise for Spanish.
    - 30 minutes note taking for Government and Politics (unit 1 - people, politics and participation).
    Tuesday:
    - 30 minutes note taking for History (English Civil War).
    - 30 minutes note taking/ research for English (Hamlet).
    Wednesday:
    - 30 minutes vocab revision/article analysis for Spanish.
    - 30 minutes note taking for Government and Politics (unit 2 - governing the UK)
    Thursday:
    - 30 minutes reading and translation for Spanish.
    - 30 minutes note taking/research for English (NLMG).
    - 30 minutes note taking for History (Russia in Revolution).
    Friday: (progress tests will consist of questions based on work covered over the week)
    - Progress test on Spanish (reading/translation/grammar/speaking).
    - Progress test on English (Hamlet/NLMG).
    - Progress test on History (English Civil War/Russia in Revolution).
    - Progress test on G+P (unit 1 and 2).

Graded work (progress check #1)
    These are the grades I have received for my first few pieces of work over the last week of this term and last term:
    G+P:
    A in unit 2 exam on the UK constitution (30/40).
    B in unit 1 10 mark question on compulsary voting (5/10).
    Spanish:
    B in speaking (20/25 - I needed 21 for an A)
    16/39 in grammar, translation and reading exam (I don't have a grade for this yet...)
    English:
    B- in Hamlet essay on how the Ghost is presented.
    History:
    B+ in English Civil War essay on the breakdown in relation between government and Charles 1625-1629 (15/20)
    I get my grade sheet next Friday so it will be interesting to see how these are incorporated into my first grades!

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.