The Student Room Group

Why are some people so fake?

Some people seem to look like nice people from the outset, but then you get to know them and they're actually terrible. Why do they fake being nice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Some people seem to look like nice people from the outset, but then you get to know them and they're actually terrible. Why do they fake being nice?

So they can take advantage of others lmao
Original post by Rhaenys10
So they can take advantage of others lmao

Lol
Most of the time, there isn't any reason for people's ugly side to come out at the beginning of an acquaintance. :redface:
Reply 4
People want to behave in a way in which others will accept them or to be a part of a crowd.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Most of the time, there isn't any reason for people's ugly side to come out at the beginning of an acquaintance. :redface:

True, but I don't see the point of them putting up a pretence, when their true side will always be revealed. :redface:
True, but I don't see the point of them putting up a pretence, when their true side will always be revealed. :redface:

I recognise some really ugly qualities in me, and, when I first make friends with someone, I'm not pretending to be nice - I genuinely do try. But, sooner or later, the flaws in my personality become visible. :dontknow: I think you find that most people are nice initially rather than be horrible straight off. I don't think that makes them fake.
Reply 7
just be thankful it wasn't like 3 years into your friendship lol

There's quite a lot of people that do that - they want to succeed and thus are willing to use others to climb a ladder to success. They are nice to gain you trust and when they find out you're useless to their plan they dump you lol. They are looking for yes-men and yes-women.
I recognise some really ugly qualities in me, and, when I first make friends with someone, I'm not pretending to be nice - I genuinely do try. But, sooner or later, the flaws in my personality become visible. :dontknow: I think you find that most people are nice initially rather than be horrible straight off. I don't think that makes them fake.

I see what you mean. :smile:
It's just I was trying to figure out someone, like everyone thinks they're a really nice person, but they're really not.
I see what you mean. :smile:
It's just I was trying to figure out someone, like everyone thinks they're a really nice person, but they're really not.

I get you. :tongue: I'm curious though - how do you know they're really not?
Original post by z33

There's quite a lot of people that do that - they want to succeed and thus are willing to use others to climb a ladder to success. They are nice to gain you trust and when they find out you're useless to their plan they dump you lol. They are looking for yes-men and yes-women.

PRSOM.

I think the worst kind of people are the one who just want to share your happy moments, and don't give a **** about you when you're at your worst and when you actually need them the most. :redface:
I get you. :tongue: I'm curious though - how do you know they're really not?

Because, I've talked to them quite a bit, and they've literally got everyone fooled. :s-smilie:
They want people to like them. Simple as that. They put on these fake ''masks'' so to speak just to get other people's approval. In my opinion, it's a terrible way to live life because everything they do, from the way they act to the way they dress is to please others, and living to please others just leads to a life of misery.
Original post by UWS
People want to behave in a way in which others will accept them or to be a part of a crowd.

True. :tongue:
Reply 14
Evolutionarily advantageous.
because they show their true colours :sigh: it even hurts when you are so close to them and then they backstab you and you have no idea how to cope :emo:
Original post by z33

I'm sorry, that must have been really awful :frown:, but it's good you have managed to get away from that person now. :smile:

Yeah, I just really hate when they have everyone fooled into thinking that they're this lovely person, when they're not. :frown:
The best and honest loyal people are usually the ones who come off as *******s at first
fact: there are more fake girls than fake guys
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
They want people to like them. Simple as that. They put on these fake ''masks'' so to speak just to get other people's approval. In my opinion, it's a terrible way to live life because everything they do, from the way they act to the way they dress is to please others, and living to please others just leads to a life of misery.

It is. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending