Help with uni choices!! Watch

JustSomeBanana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys. I'm struggling to decide what universities to apply to for computer science (G400). I'm considering a year in industry too, but it's not the end of the world if a uni doesn't offer it. So far I've got:
Warwick
Leeds
Nottingham
Birmingham
As my choices so far. How good are these? I'm thinking of Durham, Manchester, UCL, Exeter, and Loughborough, as one of my last choices, but I seriously can't decide. Or should I replace one of the former unis with one of the latter ones? Ahhh it's so hard to decide. I also visited Durham and really liked it, but haven't visited Manchester but which looks just as good. My mum really wants me to apply for UCL, but I don't think I have much of an chance of getting in there. She also said Durham is 'too far' but I think a train journey isn't too long (I live in London). I do the IB and am predicted around 37, with a 5/6 in higher maths (still deciding with my teacher). Could anyone give me their opinions and/or experiences with any of these unis please, as it would really help me out. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (208)
12.78%
Excited (144)
8.85%
Worried (295)
18.12%
Terrified (367)
22.54%
Meh (149)
9.15%
Confused (35)
2.15%