Turn on thread page Beta

student finance uk/eu student? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hey everyone!

    I am currently in year 13 and would like to go to uni next year and study economics. However, I feel a bit confused about the student finance process. I was born in an European country and I moved to England in 2013 (at the beginning of year 10). I live with my sister, who's been here for 6 years now. I am unsure whether I qualify for student finance as I recently read somewhere that you must have lived in the UK for at least 5 years to be eligible, if you are an EU student, but I didn't quite understand if that was for the tuition loan or the maintenance one. Also, if I got my GCSE s and A-level qualifications in the UK, would I still be classified as an EU student,especially if my sister, whom I live with is technically a resident?

    If anyone could help me I would be reallllly thankful (

    You should contact Student Finance.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.