Turn on thread page Beta

Mean to start job at John Lewis in 2 days but no contact watch

ReputationRep:
    I was offered a temporary job at John Lewis and accepted the offer along with the contract. A rota was sent to me along with my offer and states my start date would be on the 8/11. That's in less than two days and i've had no contact on what i'm supposed to do come my start date.

Where do I go? Will they contact me soon stating all the things I need to know? ANY info would be appreciated
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    just give them a ring and ask to confirm where you are menat to go or just show up. They might still get in contact. If you are polite and to the point, then they wont mind. Nothing to worry about. By rota i assume you just mean which days. they normally do an induction at the beginning then you will be told which department after.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jess-shan)
    I was offered a temporary job at John Lewis and accepted the offer along with the contract. A rota was sent to me along with my offer and states my start date would be on the 8/11. That's in less than two days and i've had no contact on what i'm supposed to do come my start date.

Where do I go? Will they contact me soon stating all the things I need to know? ANY info would be appreciated
    As 999tigger says above, it's a good idea to be proactive about this and ask the questions. It may be really busy at John Lewis and they're just about to confirm with you - but call them and ask them.

ReputationRep:
    I've got the exact same situation, and I'm concerned because I start tomorrow morning but have no idea what to wear or where to go exactly! Any help would be great thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millie25!)
    I've got the exact same situation, and I'm concerned because I start tomorrow morning but have no idea what to wear or where to go exactly! Any help would be great thanks
    John Lewis is smart. You need to look professional so maybe pencil skirt/smart black trousers, a blouse and black shoes. If you have the time you're meant to be there go in ten minutes before and go to customer services =)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.