Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 16, 5'5" and I weigh 150 pounds and deadlift 170kg without chalk or a belt. Is that good for someone my age?

ReputationRep:
    A good deadlift is generally classed as 2 or 2.5x bodyweight, depending on who you ask. Given that you're 68kg and 170/68 = 2.5, yeah, very good mate Guessing you've got quite long arms like me? Long armed folk tend to suck at bench and OHP, but we make up for it with our deadlifting ability

(Original post by Jimmy Carr)
    A good deadlift is generally classed as 2 or 2.5x bodyweight, depending on who you ask. Given that you're 68kg and 170/68 = 2.5, yeah, very good mate Guessing you've got quite long arms like me? Long armed folk tend to suck at bench and OHP, but we make up for it with our deadlifting ability
    I would say my arm length is proportional to my body, I think I am ok at OHP but I would like to bench more.

I may try using a belt once, just to see how much more I would be able to deadlift using it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.