The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Reply 2
Loads of people have just started again at our school becasue of that...they got D's and E's and were havign to resit all the modules to get where they wanted to be and our careers advisor told them to start again and they did.

Its your personal statement, if it is on it just write that you made the choice to redo AS and why and maybe they'll see it as you dont give up and are determined....

I dont quiet get this cashing a grade in but i think at end of it all you only get the highest grades in the modules all the thers are forgotten so it wont exactly matter

does that help or make any sence?
Reply 3
thanks yeah it does.. and yeah i got pretty decent grades by some peoples standards but just think i can go all teh way if i resit...

im just wondering..if i wanted to resubmit cw that i did for one year..could i just give the exact same piece in the next year..because i got 118.120 on my ict coursework and really dont want to do it again...
LadyBlade17
Loads of people have just started again at our school becasue of that...they got D's and E's and were havign to resit all the modules to get where they wanted to be and our careers advisor told them to start again and they did.

Its your personal statement, if it is on it just write that you made the choice to redo AS and why and maybe they'll see it as you dont give up and are determined....

I dont quiet get this cashing a grade in but i think at end of it all you only get the highest grades in the modules all the thers are forgotten so it wont exactly matter

does that help or make any sence?

Loads of people have just started again at our school because of that...they got D's and E's and were having to re-sit all the modules to get where they wanted to be. Our careers advisor told them to start again.

Its your personal statement, document that you made the choice to re-do AS, state why, they might perceive you as hard working and determined.

I dont quite 'get' this 'cashing in' a grade but i think at end of it all, you only get the highest grade in each module; all the the rest are ignored so it wont exactly matter.

does that help or make any sense?
-quite frankly no.
Reply 5
ChrisRH
Loads of people have just started again at our school because of that...they got D's and E's and were having to re-sit all the modules to get where they wanted to be. Our careers advisor told them to start again.

Its your personal statement, document that you made the choice to re-do AS, state why, they might perceive you as hard working and determined.

I dont quite 'get' this 'cashing in' a grade but i think at end of it all, you only get the highest grade in each module; all the the rest are ignored so it wont exactly matter.

does that help or make any sense?
-quite frankly no.

lol be nice :biggrin: - and yeah Chris...could you explain then?
Sorry :biggrin: diddn't mean to take over your post or anything!
I think uni's would much rather you applied with AAB for arguments sake, having taken the time to repeat AS, than apply with e.g. CCD.
It just puts you in a different league.
Having said that if your applying for very competitive courses such as medicine or law then it will put you at a slight disadvantage.

You need to decline any module grades which you wish to ignore, this includes those you would like to re-sit at a later date. The deadline for declining grades is the 20th of this forthcoming september.

Goodluck with whatever you decide to do!
Reply 7
Thanks..but could you explain the mods thing again..:P so i can keep my ict cw mark but decline the actual exams ? :smile: thanks a lot for your reply
That depends on the course structure, ill give you an example:
For my OCR chemistry, coursework and a unit 3 exam marks are added together using a forumla. If i wanted to change my grade for unit 3 i would need both re-sit the exam and repeat my coursework.
This is not the case if your coursework constitutes an entire module as i think is the case with english lit.
What exam board are you with? I might be able to tell you under which circumstances you fall.
If it is a seperate module, then yes you may keep your coursework module(and its associated UMS score) and repeat the other modules.
:wink: anything else?
Reply 9
AQA ICT :smile: ?

Thanks for the reply btw.
Well, according to:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5521-6521-W-SP-07.PDF
Unit 3 is 'one project', i assume thats your coursework in which case you wont have to repeat it so w00t :biggrin:
Unit 1 and 2 can be declined leaving your 118/120 well alone in that case.
Reply 11
Ahhhhh thanks man =D thats taken so much pressure off my shoulders..
Pos Rep when i get the chance :smile:

Get i better get ready for another 2 years of sixth form lol
No Problem, there should really be a sticky thread about this :wink:
:party:
Reply 13
lol yeah there should be :smile:

Latest