The Student Room Group

Don't want anyone to see me without makeup/Ugly

hey, i live in a flat and i can't tolerate the idea of them (or anyone except close family) seeing me w/o makeup. however, i don't like having to keep wearing makeup and it's much harder to start not wearing it bcos they've never seen me w/o it.

my skin is terrible: acne, scarring, redness, dullness... it's genuinely really upsetting.

PLEASE COULD YOU SHARE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO GET CLEARER SKIN/SKIN ROUTINE THAT WORKED FOR YOU?

although i have a lot of imperfections, my skin is the worst and i think if my skin improved i'd more likely try and see if i can go bare faced for a day...

sorry it's a lot :frown:
Go and see your GP then get referred to a dermatologist. Is your diet good or eating lots of junk?
More peas/vegetables/chicken/peanuts and less milk and flour.

This on it's own has made acne pretty much non-existent for me for a number of years.
I discovered this during polarizing diets.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
i have scars all over my face and uneven skin tones from constant picking. its like a constant need to pick.
i never wear make up unless its for a special occasion but i dont care what people think.
by drawing the attention to it, your just making it worse for yourself
if anything, wearing make up constantly will make your skin **** :/
Bad skin ===> Wearing makeup

Wearing makeup ===> Bad skin
Original post by shawtyb
i have scars all over my face and uneven skin tones from constant picking. its like a constant need to pick.
i never wear make up unless its for a special occasion but i dont care what people think.
by drawing the attention to it, your just making it worse for yourself
if anything, wearing make up constantly will make your skin **** :/

i bet your really pretty dont let anything get you down
Reply 6
Original post by kyle12345+6
i bet your really pretty dont let anything get you down

i dont dw lol
Original post by shawtyb
i dont dw lol

I'm here 4 you if you need anyone to talk 2 :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by kyle12345+6
I'm here 4 you if you need anyone to talk 2 :smile:

thanks but theres nothing bothering me
Reply 9
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Bad skin ===> Wearing makeup

Wearing makeup ===> Bad skin

Oh that definitely explains why men get bad skin, too :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
hey, i live in a flat and i can't tolerate the idea of them (or anyone except close family) seeing me w/o makeup. however, i don't like having to keep wearing makeup and it's much harder to start not wearing it bcos they've never seen me w/o it.

my skin is terrible: acne, scarring, redness, dullness... it's genuinely really upsetting.

PLEASE COULD YOU SHARE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO GET CLEARER SKIN/SKIN ROUTINE THAT WORKED FOR YOU?

although i have a lot of imperfections, my skin is the worst and i think if my skin improved i'd more likely try and see if i can go bare faced for a day...

sorry it's a lot :frown:

Always wear a bb cream (one of the korean ones, they're better) until you get it treated (see a private dermatologist). It will hide all the blemishes, while actually helping to improve/moisturize your skin.
Original post by shawtyb
thanks but theres nothing bothering me

:smile:
Reply 11
Jesus, i mean look at the state of you. Now imagine what all the men who have bad acne have to go through, they ain't going to be using no makeup. You're just too insecure and let me tell you something having constant makeup on your face is not going to make it better, only worse. Just try and go outside once without makeup, let your pores get some fresh air. You will get used to it.

Quick Reply

Latest