Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. My name is Marzena and I am a third year studying BA Television Production at Middlesex University. I'm also Course Ambassador for Creative Production Industries.

I am available to help find any relevant information or answer any question you have about the Middlesex Media and Performing Arts Courses. I can advise you through mine student experience. Happy to answer any question.

Marzena

Middlesex Course Ambassador

Creative Production Industries

ReputationRep:
    Here are some questions with answers about the media course at Middlesex University. I will talk mostly about TV Production course but that applies to all the media related courses. If you have any other questions than this, or want to know anything else, please let me know.

What are TV Production Facilities in Middlesex University like?

TV Production facilities at Middlesex University are the best in London. University invested 5 million pounds (and it is constantly outgoing fund) to keep all the equipment and software up to date and up to professional standard.

How to apply?

You can apply for the course through the UCAS.

What are the requirements?

What are the benefits of studying TVP in Mdx?

The benefits of studying TVP in Middlesex University are based on cultural diversity. You have an amazing opportunity to learn from people from different background but it also gives you the opportunity to film material in different parts of the world.

Does the Middlesex university offer work experience opportunities?

Middlesex University has very strong employability scheme incorporate in course design. For that school works through their professional connections in the industry to make sure you got the work experience, as it is part of your grade. It is an amazing experience it varies from small independent production companies through broadcasters to corporations and big production houses like all3 media.

Marzena

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone ! Hope you had a good start of the school year. I am going to keep you posted about my weekly life in uni studying TV Production at Middlesex University.

Our first weeks were very busy, but productive. We were catching up with friends who went home for summer, we scheduled our workload and we had some interesting guest lecturers coming from the industry to visit our classes and give us an insight into reality of working in TV. Last week Jeremy Wooding, known for Peep Show, gave us some advices on writing the comedy and he looked into our major project ideas in one to one seminar sessions.

Last weekend thanks to our school we went to York for short film festival and we had chance to be part of masterclasses and festival screenings. It was amazing. The festival and the city were very inspiring. We had a chance to get to know Film course students and start a collaboration with them, as we stayed in one hotel. All great stuff and all free

Looking forward to upcoming week.

Marzena

Name:  IMG_0361.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  503.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Hope you are enjoying your week so far. It is almost weekend. I wanted to share with you my best experience so far this week: RTS masterclasses at BFI.

Middlesex University works in a partnership with many institutions in the industry. One of them is Royal Television Society working closely with British Film Institute. The RTS membership is free for Middlesex TV Production students and it also comes with the bursary, which helps a bit when you are a creative art student and you prefer to spend creative time in Mdx TV Production studio.

But what I found more beneficial than money is the opportunity to take part in free RTS events. Those events (often called masterclasses) are the great opportunity to understand how the industry works, how to get your foot
    into industry door, how does the day to day life in TV or production company looks like but often also just how to be a good editor or screenwriter. RTS invests a lot in their events, there are always great talks, drinks and good food

But let's get back to the reality now. This Monday event was the most intense from all I took part in. It was 1030 am to 4.30 pm dedicated to talks from screenwriters, directors and producers. It was full of positive vibe, loads of useful stories and shared experience. Also something I always find useful Q&As. I would definitely recommend you the insight into industry RTS and Mdx can provide for you. Please find some more pics from the day on MDXcourseambassadors Insta account.

Other than that the week was pretty awesome. Positive energy boost from masterclasses kept me going through the assignments. I had mine first submission on Tuesday. A set brief exercise in which we were filming in a group of five a life in a day of interesting for us person. We choose to film 9 year old boy and his daily routines. We aimed for observational documentary with the touch of cuteness. This exercise was a good practice of the paper work and low requirements when working with a child but also it was good experience showing us how hard it is to keep children attention when filming.

Tomorrow is the feedback session about it. So once I got 1st I share with you Please post below if you wave any comments or questions. I am here happy to help.

Marzena

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    My Week.

Hi all! hope you had a great week.

Last week one of our tutor posted on closed Facebook TVP group catchword: mannequin challenge who's up for it come to the TVP studio.

Our tutor is the most inspiring person in terms of entertainment initiatives.

He always threw at us questions and things to rethink. He cares for us and he inspires us.

With years of executive production experience he has current insight into the industry and what is on top / popular Mannequin challenge is not his first initiative.

He engaged students in projects supporting marathon runners and many many other productions.

He's testing the most up to date equipment and puts the theory in practice.

This week I've been thinking about how lucky, as a students, we are to have him.

You can have a look at mannequin challenge video on Instagram @mdxcourseambassadors. You can find some preview snaps below.

Have a great week!

Marzena

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hi there ! Hope you are having fun week. It's been a bit busy time for Middlesex creative students. We have deadlines around start of December so that we can go away for Christmas with mind free from uni work.

Mine deadline is tomorrow midnight and it is for an extended essay proposal. It all went well and I've finished yesterday. It went smoothly thanks to support from different tutors. I had some doubts about the design and structure of this proposal but I could discuss all that with different tutors. I felt supported and reassured.

I used resources from Shepherd's Library and work in its creative space surrounded with tutors from Learning Enhancement Team. I checked with them elements of the proposal its structure and content. Thanks to Sigita from Performing Arts you can see a picture from the library group study space below. Follow our Instagram for more updates and insights into Middlesex University life.

Now that I submitted my proposal I can start getting ready for Christmas .

Marzena

Creative Industries Production

Attachment 599826

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

It is final week before Christmas for TV Production students. We all feel festive. This two weeks before Christmas is always pretty chilled. We submitted our written work last week and most of us used this week for scouting for filming on location.

I was lucky enough to travel away to Wales to small village in which my group found medieval church. The church is perfect for feel and look of our film and we get in contact couple of weeks ago. We went away to introduce ourselves and to negotiate location agreement. So far so good. We are waiting for final signature now. Yay! For the rest of the week we worked on script and film design. We are getting there. Last step is crowdfunding campaign and casting. Both guided by our tutors.

So the first semester is almost over and Christmas is around the corner. For that I rewarded myself with city break in Paris. I looked for the inspiration for another project. I will keep you posted.

Have a lovely week,
    Marzena

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

hope you are all well and you had an amazing Christmas Break. I promised I will take Christmas time off everything and it was the best present I could give myself. I charged my batteries reading some academic books, but with no pressure, with XXL mug full of hot chocolate and marshmallows and gingerbread all over the table. I disappeared from social media for a week, I switched off TV and put Christmas songs on.

You can see some happy relaxing snaps on mdxcourseambassadors Instagram profile. Sneak peak attached below.

Now, recharged and full of energy I am back to working on my major project and dissertation. Encouraged by my tutors I started to look outside the university for creative spaces for teamwork projects. It turned out that BFI and National Theatre offer some creative spaces for students. I booked one of those for next Monday production meeting with my team. We have space booked for whole afternoon so hopefully we'll manage to play cards against humanity.

We will be developing our film treatment. We are working on 10 minutes horror movie about plague doctor. You can check details on our Facebook page (search for plague doctor). It is film for my TV Production degree in high end drama. I will update you with some photos within next week so please follow my profile and Facebook page.

It is amazing how much support we are getting from our tutors. They are shearing their years of experience in TV industry, working within BBC and ITV. They give us feedback on our treatments and scripts, we can email them whichever question we have and we can chat about our obstacles and troubles. I feel like the independent TV Production course at Middlesex is very well guided.

I am looking forward to reading your comments and questions.

Have a lovely weekend and Happy New Year !

Marzena

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    My week.

Hello,

hope you are well and hope you had an amazing week. Please share your thoughts in comments below.

I am not on my best so had to step back from everything for a week. Thankfully I could discuss my dissertation plan with my tutors. That made me feel like I am actually doing some work. I am so grateful it was a reading week. I sink into reading books and articles for my dissertation.

I spend some time in BFI, working on my final project film. I went to one of the screenings of short films. As a Middlesex student I had a chance to take part in Q&A with young filmmakers from the screening. It was very interesting panel. They were similar mindset to mine, maybe because we are in the same age or maybe because we all work on short forms.

I learn from those talks how important it is to work on the project with people with similar mindset. That's why the group I am working with on my major project are build by people with similar interests, hobbies and priorities.

Please tell me what are your thoughts about what is important when working in the team.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Marzena

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 15, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.