Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    would a level 3 BTEC applied science help me become a doctor and would it get me to university

ReputationRep:
    If you want to become a doctor and do medicine at university, you will almost certainly need to do A-level (or equivalent) chemistry, as well as biology and/or maths/physics.

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for foundation but you will need A levels im afraid.. If you want to become a doctor, dedicate the next two years of your life to A levels and get AAA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charles97)
    You can apply for foundation but you will need A levels im afraid.. If you want to become a doctor, dedicate the next two years of your life to A levels and get AAA.
    That isn't entirely true, he/she can do an access course at a local college and get his/her grades and further on to do A-Levels then he/she can do his/her optional degree.

Don't doubt people, you can do this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahatnur)
    That isn't entirely true, he/she can do an access course at a local college and get his/her grades and further on to do A-Levels then he/she can do his/her optional degree.

Don't doubt people, you can do this!
    Extremely competitive, full of people who have very narrowly missed required grades etc etc. Medicine with a BTEC is pretty much none existant. I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiz_science)
    would a level 3 BTEC applied science help me become a doctor and would it get me to university
    if you would like to become a doctor it may be hard to become one straight away with a BTEC however if you were to study a degree like biomedical science then after completing that you could go onto study general practice, it will take the piss as as you'll be spending lots of years at uni but that's how it is lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaky17)
    if you would like to become a doctor it may be hard to become one straight away with a BTEC however if you were to study a degree like biomedical science then after completing that you could go onto study general practice, it will take the piss as as you'll be spending lots of years at uni but that's how it is lol

I did a BTEC Level 3 in Applied Science, and IT.

Year 12 = Subsidary Diploma D*D*

Year 13 = National Diploma D*D*

Equivalence to A-Levels = 4A*s

Now I am doing a Computer Science degree.

Work fricken hard and do all your assignments on time and you'll be fine. However, I just heard they started doing exams so GG. Also if you want to be a doctor, I had a friend on my BTEC course who got onto a medicine course, however he did AS/A-Levels as well with his BTEC (Bio,Chem,Phys).

He had a HUGE workload but it paid off for him as he literally dedicated 2 years of his life to just work eat and sleep. You can do it if you show you want it and put in the effort. I think he came out with a total of like 600 UCAS points, and got into a RG uni in the UK. Plus he was SUPER lucky to have gotten in, our student council helped him with a kick ass personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deeboss)
    I did a BTEC Level 3 in Applied Science, and IT.

Year 12 = Subsidary Diploma D*D*

Year 13 = National Diploma D*D*

Equivalence to A-Levels = 4A*s

Now I am doing a Computer Science degree.

Work fricken hard and do all your assignments on time and you'll be fine. However, I just heard they started doing exams so GG. Also if you want to be a doctor, I had a friend on my BTEC course who got onto a medicine course, however he did AS/A-Levels as well with his BTEC (Bio,Chem,Phys).

He had a HUGE workload but it paid off for him as he literally dedicated 2 years of his life to just work eat and sleep. You can do it if you show you want it and put in the effort. I think he came out with a total of like 600 UCAS points, and got into a RG uni in the UK. Plus he was SUPER lucky to have gotten in, our student council helped him with a kick ass personal statement.
    That's really good, im only studying the BTEC, it's equivilent to 3 A Levels and i just need to find a uni who do a acreddited version of the biomedical science course or else i won't be leaving uni for a long time fml, good luck with your computer science degree though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaky17)
    That's really good, im only studying the BTEC, it's equivilent to 3 A Levels and i just need to find a uni who do a acreddited version of the biomedical science course or else i won't be leaving uni for a long time fml, good luck with your computer science degree though
    http://search.ucas.com/

Use this website it is designed to find courses at unis with their requirements on hand. And thanks, goodluck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deeboss)
    http://search.ucas.com/

Use this website it is designed to find courses at unis with their requirements on hand. And thanks, goodluck to you.
    Thank you, it was very helpful

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.